6 (15%)
No
 10 (25%)
maybe when im a lawyer
 18 (45%)
view
 6 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: for those living in NYC(or close by)  (Read 2960 times)

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
for those living in NYC(or close by)
« on: July 28, 2006, 11:56:38 AM »
so, can you?

what do you pay/get?
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: for those living in NYC(or close by)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 12:01:11 PM »
It depends on what you consider a nice place.  I've loved my place in Chelsea (bye bye, cute little apartment :'() and I lived there alone.  If the definition has to include washer, dryer and dishwasher, then no.  I don't know anyone who rents in Manhattan and has those amenities.   
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 12:04:34 PM »
It depends on what you consider a nice place.  I've loved my place in Chelsea (bye bye, cute little apartment :'() and I lived there alone.  If the definition has to include washer, dryer and dishwasher, then no.  I don't know anyone who rents in Manhattan and has those amenities.   

how do you get your laundry done?  at a laundramt?

ugh

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 12:05:11 PM »
No, my building has 3 laundry rooms.  I just meant there was no washer/dryer in the unit.

ADL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 12:06:49 PM »
to piggy back off of Jolie, you usually have to buy your own washer/dryer.  a lot of the apartments in the city don't allow either, so you have to go to some grimy laundromat to wash clothes.

there are times that i think about moving to FL.  my best friend moved there, 2 1/2 yrs ago & she just bought a beautiful condo by the beach w/all of the amenities we could only dream of here in NY, but she's completely bored down there.

i'm afraid that if i move anywhere else, i'll be bored to death, but then i know that i'll never be able to afford a place in NY that i really love unless i hit the lottery.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 12:08:20 PM »
No, my building has 3 laundry rooms.  I just meant there was no washer/dryer in the unit.

still, ugh.

and isnt it embaressing for you when your doing your unmentionables?

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 12:11:09 PM »
I don't have any unmentionables.  :D

I have lingerie, and I'd wash it in front of the pope (should he ever wander into my building.)

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 12:13:18 PM »
I don't have any unmentionables.  :D

I have lingerie, and I'd wash it in front of the pope (should he ever wander into my building.)

send me a sample...

to piggy back off of Jolie, you usually have to buy your own washer/dryer.  a lot of the apartments in the city don't allow either, so you have to go to some grimy laundromat to wash clothes.

there are times that i think about moving to FL.  my best friend moved there, 2 1/2 yrs ago & she just bought a beautiful condo by the beach w/all of the amenities we could only dream of here in NY, but she's completely bored down there.

i'm afraid that if i move anywhere else, i'll be bored to death, but then i know that i'll never be able to afford a place in NY that i really love unless i hit the lottery.

florida is no longer the great place people think it is.  but, feel free to come visit me, sans kid  ;D

jujunyc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 12:28:36 PM »
a lot of buildings won't let you have a washer dryer in your apartment, even when you OWN it. Don't ask me why but it's true. In the swankier parts of town, people smuggle them in in boxes meant for fridges or big screen TVs.

But having a coin laundry in your building (usually the basement), or a convenient drop off laundromat on the block, is key.

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 04:46:35 PM »
I had to agree on my lease not to have a washer/dryer or dishwasher.  I brought the damn portable dishwasher anyway. The building manager's justification was the water pressure/usage, and the risk of flooding. Bah.

We have the laundromat pick up and drop off. They fold everything and put shirts, etc. on hangers. I doubt they give a rat's a$$ about seeing undies.

I have a 750 sq.-ft. 1 br. in Kew Gardens, Queens for 1k a month, which I split with my wife. This is a great price, AND is way below what you'd pay in a desurable  neighborhood. Queens is no Manhattan or even Brooklyn, and you'll impress no one with your address. For a similar place in Manhattan and some parts of Bkln, you'd be looking at 2k+.
Don't touch my stuff!...Hey this isn't the YMCA!

SJU 09