Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UK-Law School - University of Wales Should I go?  (Read 1078 times)

Daedlus

• View Profile
UK-Law School - University of Wales Should I go?
« on: July 27, 2006, 09:40:32 AM »
Hello everyone, I am a longtime reader and first time poster.

Here is my situation,

I work in a relatively decent job at a university in areas relating to tech transfer, IP management, contracts etc. I come from a family of lawyers (father,sister both practice in Canada). Last year I decided to apply to law school in Canada and begin the whole process. I was unsuccessful (low GPA ~2.5 low LSAT 148).

I'm going to take one more year to write the LSAT ( I scored a 148 last year ). If I am capable of scoring higher (150-160) this year I am going to apply again in Canada.

I have been accepted to study overseas at the University of Wales : Law School (3yr LLB) in September 2007. If I cannot get in in Canada SHOULD I go overseas to do this program I know it would be more expensive but what if money is not an option.

I have heard many successfull stories of Canadians going to do foreign (UK or other) Law degrees (LLBs) and returning to Canada to practice without much fuss (must be accredited by the Federation of Law Societies of Canada etc..)

Can anyone comment on this? If I cannot get in in Canada within the next year should I go overseas?

TheCanadian

• Sr. Citizen
  • :D
    • View Profile
Re: UK-Law School - University of Wales Should I go?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 03:58:04 AM »
Check it out with an advisor and maybe contact someone at the University of Wales and see if you might be able to get further insight. Either way, I think you should go for it. You might find that you may want to set up a career in the UK.
Excuse me, I just noticed you noticing me and I just wanted to give you notice that I noticed you too.