Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Tulsa !!!  (Read 810 times)

Eli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
In at Tulsa !!!
« on: July 27, 2006, 07:54:43 AM »
Anyone know anything about this school ? I'm considering going for Fall 06.

Kencade

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self tar up only for ASW purposes
    • View Profile
Re: In at Tulsa !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 09:23:29 AM »
What do you want to know?  I have researched it pretty heavily since I will most likely be attending next year. 

Eli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 09:41:09 AM »
What do you want to know?  I have researched it pretty heavily since I will most likely be attending next year. 

How are there Ranking? Faculty? Students? 

Dante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 11:55:16 AM »

You might want to make a decision fairly soon, our first day of class is 8/13.  Are you already in the area?  Did you get to attend pre-law day or reg day?

GreyStreet

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 11:56:30 AM »
I am from Tulsa if you have any questions about the cost of living or the city... I don't know much about the LS.

Eli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 11:59:15 AM »

You might want to make a decision fairly soon, our first day of class is 8/13.  Are you already in the area?  Did you get to attend pre-law day or reg day?

Orientation is on the 13th. Offical day for first class is 21 or 22. I was just in the area. I picked up my enrollment packet, spoke to Cordell dean of admission, got my ID, and arranged housing.
I did not get to attend pre-law day or reg day. What did I miss? 

stc34

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 12:11:40 PM »

Orientation is on the 13th. Offical day for first class is 21 or 22. I was just in the area. I picked up my enrollment packet, spoke to Cordell dean of admission, got my ID, and arranged housing.

When were you accepted? Was it off the waitlist? Just wondering why you were accepted so late.

Dante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 12:14:11 PM »

Sounds like you have most of the work done...didn't miss to much on either day, as long as you have your packet you should have all the material we got then.  We had some speakers, some mock classes, and some basis information classes covering common questions that 0Ls have.  There were also tours of the school, and information about the various student orgs at the school.  Sounds like we are going to most of the information at orientation. 

Good luck to you, hope to see you in August.

-Dante

Eli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 12:25:59 PM »

Sounds like you have most of the work done...didn't miss to much on either day, as long as you have your packet you should have all the material we got then.  We had some speakers, some mock classes, and some basis information classes covering common questions that 0Ls have.  There were also tours of the school, and information about the various student orgs at the school.  Sounds like we are going to most of the information at orientation. 

Good luck to you, hope to see you in August.

-Dante

Sweet. Is there a Jewish student org on campus? Also, can you tell me your impression of the mock classes? Also, do you know if books can be ordered online? Can we buy used books? Any discussion there
Immense Thanks, looking forward to meeting in Aug.

stc34

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 12:37:54 PM »

When were you accepted? Was it off the waitlist? Just wondering why you were accepted so late.

Surprsingly, I was accepted based on my June 06 LSAT. I guess its their rolling admissions...................

Not trying to be nosy, but did you apply earlier and then add the new score to your file, or did you apply recently?