Law School Discussion

I got a 146 on my first practive LSAT...should I kill myself now?

Re: I got a 146 on my first practive LSAT...should I kill myself now?
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2006, 08:58:17 AM »
you can def do it. In about two months i went from a 147 diag to scoring a 167 yesterday. You gotta put the work in though. A 160 is doable.

survivor07

• Phoenix is Freelancer is Syd
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2006, 09:23:52 AM »
hey..being black will definitely give you some points. good for you! i would take whatever extra points i could get. but yeah, unfortunately that fact alone wont get you into yale, but you will definitely get in somewhere. when it comes time to apply to school, dont sell yourself short. make sure to apply to quite a few school which you migth feel are 'reaches'. you will probably be plesently surprised on what happens.

i am still greatly impressed that you worked full time throughout a full school schedule. man, butt kicker! i can barely get through my working full time rigth now. i seriously need to quit my job and start just strictly studying. every night i say i am going to go home and study for the lsat, and i just plop myself on the couch and fall asleep. ahhhh yesss, that is going to raise my score.

170 here we come!

I just want to mention that it is HOT!!! That has nothiing to do with the LSAT or even law school,but I don't have air and I live in the midsouth.  I'M BURING THE HECK UP!!! LOL!

Anyway, I think I am selling myself short.  I think I should apply to a few more 'reach' schools just to see what happens.  I'll never know unless I try.  It's nice that I get a couple of extra points because of my URM status.  Even if I don't get into a top school I know I'll get in somewhere; there's a school for everybody! 

Yeah working full-time and doing the whole school thing full-time is a witch, but I've maintained to the best of my ability.  And that is the perfect way to raise your LSAT from a 146--go home and sleep!  LOL, its crazy because I should be studying and when I get home at 8:30 I strip down and lay in front of the fan and try not to move too much.  :)

We gotta get better motivation---and I need to invest in air conditioning.  :)

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2006, 09:25:25 AM »
what is you gpa??

survivor07

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2006, 09:30:35 AM »
what is you gpa??

Who me??? 

Well I'll answer anyway though I don't know why since it sucks......it's a 2.8 (liberal arts major). 

What are your stats?

iSalute

• Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2006, 09:44:48 AM »

I just want to mention that it is HOT!!! That has nothiing to do with the LSAT or even law school,but I don't have air and I live in the midsouth.  I'M BURING THE HECK UP!!! LOL!

hahaha...it's hot out there huh? we just got out of our heat wave (in the 90s for san deigo is ridiculously hot!!!) i dont have air conditioning either, but i am a white boy with no fat, therefore i am usually cold. haha.
jsut tell it to coool down!!!

survivor07

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2006, 09:54:36 AM »
Oooh, someone else with no AC.  I thought I was the only crazy person left in the world that didn't have air, guess not.  I think this is the hottest day all summer.  It's one thing when the temperature is 100 degrees (which it is today), but it is another thing all together when it is 100 degrees and so is the humidity (which it is today).  It feels like 115!  YOWZAH! And I haven't even been outside yet....

...I guess that means I should get ready for work.  Talk to guys in a few hours. 

Laterz.  8)

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2006, 09:56:59 AM »
what is you gpa??

Who me??? 

Well I'll answer anyway though I don't know why since it sucks......it's a 2.8 (liberal arts major). 

What are your stats?

A 2.75 Econ/ Pol. Science. Mine sucks too.
LSAT= To Be Determined: I need to get a 166-170 for a shot at top 20.

survivor07

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2006, 10:03:48 AM »
Well your prep test seem to be going in an upward direction, so that is a good thing.  You'll be surprise, you might just get that 170.  Keep on studying, we have 8 weeks until the test.  We all have a lot of work to do, but we can do it!!!! 

Keep on studyin'.   ;)

iSalute

• Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2006, 10:16:01 AM »
I would ahve to agree with the obvious

Well your prep test seem to be going in an upward direction

haha....that is awesome though. if mine went up like that i would be so happy. i have taken two practice tests, neither being in the best testign environments (that is my excuse for such shotty scores).

law school should be fun...cant believe it is an entire year away (asuuming i can even get in!)

survivor07

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2006, 12:24:12 PM »
Oooh, someone else with no AC.  I thought I was the only crazy person left in the world that didn't have air, guess not.  I think this is the hottest day all summer.  It's one thing when the temperature is 100 degrees (which it is today), but it is another thing all together when it is 100 degrees and so is the humidity (which it is today).  It feels like 115!  YOWZAH! And I haven't even been outside yet....

...I guess that means I should get ready for work.  Talk to guys in a few hours. 

Laterz.  8)

No AC here either. God help us all.

No AC for you either!  Oh wow!  I really am not the only insane person left on this Earth.  But you are right, God help us all!