Law School Discussion

Judge Rejects Suit Against AT&T for NSA Wire Tap Connection

A.

• View Profile
Re: Judge Rejects Suit Against AT&T for NSA Wire Tap Connection
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 08:13:48 AM »
Exactly...which is why having child boards kills two birds with one stone.  That's what I was trying to convey to you a few weeks ago.  Monster threads are crappy, but so is a cluttered board.

I still don't think we need a child board for "What are my chances?" threads.  But my position on child boards and your argument in support of it, IIRC, did not envision this mega-articles thread debacle.  I'd perhaps support an articles thread, but I don't want to siphon off all intellectual debate from the BLSD main board.  Otherwise this would devolve to discussions of hip-hop, hair, and meet-ups.

Yeah, I kinda think the articles should stay in the main BLSD thread.  That's pretty much the whole point of that one now.  Otherwise, it will just devolve into "good mornings" and random entertainment/hair news.

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 08:17:58 AM »
Exactly...which is why having child boards kills two birds with one stone.  That's what I was trying to convey to you a few weeks ago.  Monster threads are crappy, but so is a cluttered board.

I still don't think we need a child board for "What are my chances?" threads.  But my position on child boards and your argument in support of it, IIRC, did not envision this mega-articles thread debacle.  I'd perhaps support an articles thread, but I don't want to siphon off all intellectual debate from the BLSD main board.  Otherwise this would devolve to discussions of hip-hop, hair, and meet-ups.

Yeah, I kinda think the articles should stay in the main BLSD thread.  That's pretty much the whole point of that one now.  Otherwise, it will just devolve into "good mornings" and random entertainment/hair news.

I feel that if all articles of political/intellectual interest are confined to one thread it makes it so much easier for members and lurkers to ignore that one thread (because it's too big, confusing, discombobulated) and focus on whatever other (less political/legal/intellectual) threads are named on the front page of the board.  That's why I've always posted my articles in separate threads; they attract more attention that way.  Even before the mega-articles thread I was wary of posting them in threads like the BLSD one for the exact same reason: they too easily get lost in the shuffle. 

If you wanna make mega-article threads then at least make a couple and divide them along content lines: political, legal, odd-news, racial...

mivida2k

• Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 08:19:52 AM »
That's what I requested your god Sands to do.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 08:23:25 AM »

I feel that if all articles of political/intellectual interest are confined to one thread it makes it so much easier for members and lurkers to ignore that one thread (because it's too big, confusing, discombobulated) and focus on whatever other (less political/legal/intellectual) threads are named on the front page of the board.  That's why I've always posted my articles in separate threads; they attract more attention that way.  Even before the mega-articles thread I was wary of posting them in threads like the BLSD one for the exact same reason: they too easily get lost in the shuffle. 

If you wanna make mega-article threads then at least make a couple and divide them along content lines: political, legal, odd-news, racial...

Fine with me.  But for the love of Article III, don't sticky them all.

2Lacoste

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 08:26:24 AM »

Fine with me.  But for the love of Article III, don't sticky them all.

And unsticky some of the dormant threads presently stickied while we're at it.

2Lacoste

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 08:26:59 AM »
That's what I requested your god Sands to do.

When it comes to BLSD I'm an atheist.  You told Sands to do what exactly?

mivida2k

• Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 08:29:32 AM »
And the topic of this thread is what?

2Lacoste

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 08:31:59 AM »
Judge Rejects Suit Against AT&T for NSA Wire Tap Connection.

crazy8

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 08:36:43 AM »

ha ha, I just opened this to ask Lacoste Moni's question.  I think that my News Article thread was a good idea   :P  Though not the best solution, I like it better than a single thread with one article (that sometimes gets no response) that pushes other threads off the 1st page.

2Lacoste

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 08:37:41 AM »

ha ha, I just opened this to ask Lacoste Moni's question.  I think that my News Article thread was a good idea   :P  Though not the best solution, I like it better than a single thread with one article (that sometimes gets no response) that pushes other threads off the 1st page.

To each their own.