Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thomas Jefferson School of Law  (Read 2974 times)

Carrie_B

Thomas Jefferson School of Law
« on: October 11, 2003, 10:03:35 PM »

Anyone going to school there?  :)

Pranee Yi

Re:Thomas Jefferson School of Law
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 04:23:20 PM »
I am considering attending TJSL in the Spring. Any words of advise?

Anyone going to school there?  :)

bluna

• View Profile
Re: Thomas Jefferson School of Law
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 05:16:05 PM »
I'm a third year undergrad, and I'm considering applying to TJSL.  If you don't mind me asking, what is your UGPA, LSAT, and undergrad college?

I just need something to gauge myself against.

David Bakody

• LSAT 151 GPA 3.53
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 07:02:55 PM »
Not that you asked me, but... my LSAT is 151 and my GPA is 3.53 (from www.regis.edu).  I applied to TJSL about two weeks ago.  I'm hoping to hear something one way or the other by the end of March.

My personal statement was about how I rescued two babies from a collapsing burning building and subsequently performed an in-field emergency kidney transplant on a wounded fire fighter, ripping out one of my own kidneys in the process with my bare hands to save her life.  Although it caused me a bit of personal discomfort, overall I felt it was also worth it.  I explained all of this in a gripping, fantastic page and half essay that I hope will also help explain my ho-hum LSAT score (gave up kidney day earlier - loss of blood made me groggy during the exam).

If your stats compare to the above - you should have no problem. ;-)

TJ student

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 10:00:25 PM »
I'm a student at Thomas Jefferson. It's an nice school. Professors are very approachable and I'm glad I'm here. Are there any specific questions you guys would like me to answer?

Good luck to all of you!

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whittier Law School Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 11:25:04 AM »
I've applied there as well.  152/2.87
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi

RyanJensen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 12:42:07 AM »
TJ Student, I have a few questions (though I haven't been accepted yet, it's now higher on my list after a couple rejections):

First, what are the facilities like?  In particular, the law library, classrooms, and building as a whole?  What is the school's part of town like?

Second, I've heard that living costs in San Diego are expensive -- is this true?  If so, how much would you say an average condo goes for (purchase and/or rent)?  Gas, food, and entertainment?

Third, do you appreciate the bi-semester testing, and do you feel it's made law school more enjoyable/effective?

Lastly, if you don't mind sharing, what were your LSAT/GPA scores when you applied, and what would you say is average for your peers?

Thanks in advance.

RyanJensen
http://www.wiltblog.com

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 12:57:01 AM »

My personal statement was about how I rescued two babies from a collapsing burning building and subsequently performed an in-field emergency kidney transplant on a wounded fire fighter, ripping out one of my own kidneys in the process with my bare hands to save her life.  Although it caused me a bit of personal discomfort, overall I felt it was also worth it.  I explained all of this in a gripping, fantastic page and half essay that I hope will also help explain my ho-hum LSAT score (gave up kidney day earlier - loss of blood made me groggy during the exam).

Bruce Willis, your F'ing hilarious, I just wanted to sincerly thank you for a good belly laugh, thanks!

thechoson

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 01:08:18 AM »
I can't comment on TJSL, since I am applying to law schools right now.  My familiy is from San Diego, so I can comment on the area.  I go to school at UCLA, and I think the living expenses for everything outside of rent is comparable in San Diego and LA- Really EXPENSIVE.  The rent in general is a bit cheaper in San Diego than where I live.  My friend was living in a 1 bedroom in La Jolla, which is a nice area of San Diego, for 1100 a month.  Another friend got a condo (2br 2ba) in LA Mesa, which is about 15 miles east of the city for about 1300 a month.  Hope this helps

Aonghus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 08:09:44 PM »
I wouldnt recommend TJSL, I have visited there, and they seem fairly honest, the problem is that they arent given alot of respect, even in San Diego.  If you want to go to an ABA school, and arent too concerned about employment, and have money to spend by all means go, but I decided against it after learning their LSAT scholarship is turned into a loan if you leave TJ for any reason before graduation....

not cool.