Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NJCLASS Loans for NJ residents (or those attending NJ law schools)  (Read 1025 times)

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
If you are an NJ resident who are attending a NJ law school in the fall, first let me apologize. Just kiddin.  ;)

Anyways, if you haven't picked out a private lender, definitly look into the NJCLASS loan. The interest rate is fixed and is between 6.4-6.8% depending on your credit and whether you plan on paying the interest while in law school or deferring it until after you graduate.

As far as the credit requirement, it is surprisngly low! I got approved with less than stellar credit (trust me on this) without a co-signer. You are basically approved right as you apply.

I think the NJCLASS loans have an origination fee of a little over 2%, but it's nothing major. Anyways, definitly worth a look if you have a connection to the Garden State.
Penn Law '09

Apples and Oranges

• Sr. Citizen
  • My puppy
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MissPalmboom
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NJCLASS Loans for NJ residents (or those attending NJ law schools)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 08:34:17 PM »
Yup -- I applied for a NJCLASS loan as well and everything seems to be going well.... having the state shut down for those days in early July made me nervous, but there were no problems...

Anyway, yay for NJ because we have CLASS (it was corny enough that I just had to say it)...

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure you can either be a NJ resident or going to a NJ school -- any connection with the great Garden State and you're good to go!

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: NJCLASS Loans for NJ residents (or those attending NJ law schools)
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 04:56:54 AM »
Yup -- I applied for a NJCLASS loan as well and everything seems to be going well.... having the state shut down for those days in early July made me nervous, but there were no problems...

Anyway, yay for NJ because we have CLASS (it was corny enough that I just had to say it)...

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure you can either be a NJ resident or going to a NJ school -- any connection with the great Garden State and you're good to go!

Yeah, either is definitly good. I'm going to Penn, but am a NJ resident and was fine, but I also have a friend who is from Pennsylvania but going to Rutgers and she got approved for it too.

It really is a great deal for those from or moving to the Garden State. I guess it's a consolation prize for the polution, crime, and New Yorkers we have to deal with!
Penn Law '09