Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Pittsburgh Classes  (Read 802 times)

ZinnMaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ianny1982
    • View Profile
University of Pittsburgh Classes
« on: July 25, 2006, 07:41:43 PM »
So I just recieved a list of my classes, class times, and profs. Just thought other incoming students might want to post their sections and start a dialogue. I'll post mine as soon as I find out what section I am in (They say it is in an e-mail, but I don't think I got this e-mail...huh).
Whole Lotta Love: Pittsburgh ($), Syracuse ($$), Case Western, Depaul, New York Law ($$), Penn State ($$), Chicago-Kent   
Bring It On Home: Northeastern(WL), Chicago-Loyola(WL),  Brooklyn
Heartbreaker: Georgetown, George Washington, American

jexlax

• AOL Instant Messenger - jexlax
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: University of Pittsburgh Classes
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:26:37 PM »
Did you receive your information by mail?  I was able to figure out I am in section C-3, but have not received any mail or e-mails about it.  My class schedule was posted on my.pitt.edu account and I happened to stumble across it.  The Pitt Law website also has the block schedules posted under first year information and I was able to combine that info with the info on my Pitt account to figure out my section.  I'm just tryin to gauge whether or not I should have received some mail notice.

pantone292

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 11:23:46 PM »
jexlax, I did the same as you to figure out I'm in B-3 (haven't gotten any mail or email).  I'm assuming the email from the Registrar officially giving us our section will come tomorrow (I hope).  I have really liked everything about Pitt so far, but I am definitely getting the sense that there's not a ton of communication between the different offices. 
It's kind of crazy how different the schedules are -- my section has only one class/day on Thurs and Fri, but 5 on Monday.  There are other sections that don't start before 10am, some with really long gaps between classes every day, etc. 
Anyone else kind of unclear about the places our first-day assignments may be posted?  "Assignments given by professors are either posted to the web with a web page link to the assignment or are under the 1st yr summer mailing on the web."  What is the difference in those options??

fpotus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 01:13:40 AM »
I am in A-3

ZinnMaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 08:28:35 PM »
I thought that both A1 and A3 have the same profs. How did you find out that you are in A3? I must be missing something. Thanks-
Whole Lotta Love: Pittsburgh ($), Syracuse ($$), Case Western, Depaul, New York Law ($$), Penn State ($$), Chicago-Kent   

ZinnMaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 08:50:59 PM »
Nevermind, I finally got the e-mail. I am in A1.

fpotus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 03:17:39 PM »
are any of you in Pitt yet??? I have been here for about a month and really like it.  I live in Shadyside.

ZinnMaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 07:34:09 PM »
I've got a place on Filbert in Shadyside. I'll be there Friday.

fpotus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 09:14:02 AM »
hey, guys--i just wanted to let you all know in case you don't already that some law students have organized a get-together at the William Penn Tavern in Shadyside for Sunday the 20th at 9 o'clock.  There has also been various Pitt law class of 2009 and section facebook groups created at Facebook.  Lastly, I am meeting up with a few people at the PGH Deli at 6 on Wednesday for dinner and drinks--and you are invited if you would like to come.