Law School Discussion

№1 choice school PS

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: №1 choice school PS
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 10:28:36 PM »
For a couple schools I will probably attach an addendum mentioning particular reasons why I want to go to that school.  I think saying that a school is your "number one choice" is a little corny though.

Credited.

Also I wouldn't put it in your personal statement (unless the personal statement is specifically about why you want to go to a certain school).   

FWIW, I put specific reasons I wanted to attend each school in EVERY ONE of my PS's.  I don't think it's required, but it didn't hurt.

I guess it depends on your personal statement.  Mine really has nothing to do with law school, so to throw a paragraph in there about why I wanted to attend a specific school would disrupt the flow (which is why I think I'll add an addendum instead). 

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 09:00:23 AM »
Thanks, guys, for your input!

Towelie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 12:07:26 AM »
My advice is to make every single school think they are your number one choice, and have some kind of evidence to back it up with. Schools want to think you will come if admitted, period. At the concluding paragraph of your personal statement relate everything you just wrote about to why that makes XXXXX Law School the perfect choice for you.

For the school you are favoring, letting them know that you will absolutely attend if admitted is perfectly okay. Just make sure you mean it.