Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bush signed law requiring him to inform congress of signing statements...  (Read 1031 times)

ADM

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ninjasinpyjamas
    • View Profile
...he then went on to issue a signing statement with his intent to disregard the law.

http://www.slate.com/id/2146405/entry/0/

If this weren't so serious it would be pretty funny.

Einstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Folks we are no longer living in a democratic society.. sad to say...
Practice LSAT: 147(d), 150, 151,143,152, 156,161,163,161,160,157,163,158,162

University of San Diego School of Law!

chewy06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Folks we are no longer living in a democratic society.. sad to say...

Don't kid yourself, America has never been a pure democracy.

Einstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
in a way the pres is degrading the law degree that we are trying to obtain, by not obeying them.. >:(
Practice LSAT: 147(d), 150, 151,143,152, 156,161,163,161,160,157,163,158,162

University of San Diego School of Law!

ADM

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ninjasinpyjamas
    • View Profile
in a way the pres is degrading the law degree that we are trying to obtain, by not obeying them.. >:(

Well, he isn't a lawyer; and to its credit, the ABA has been pretty vocal about this lately.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
America died the day we "created" the FED (Federal Reserve).  I'm too tired to go into the details, but that's all I'd like to say for now.  And to further confuse people i'll post some lovely quotes.

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." Written by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Secretary of the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802).

"This [Federal Reserve Act] establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President
[Wilson} signs this bill, the invisible government of the monetary power will be legalized....the worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and currency bill." -- Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. , 1913

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson, after signing the Federal Reserve into existence

P.S -- Incase you didn't know:  The FED is a private bank, not a branch of or in any way affiliated directly with the US government.  Shame on you if you thought that. 

With all due respect, you have no idea what you're talking about and this is about one step away from contrails and 911hologram!!!! stuff.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
not sure what you mean when u said the 911 hologram thing??  but um please englighten me if I know nothing of what I speak of.  If you actually look up (in ANY BOOK/encyclopedia/whatever) and read the description of the FED you should be appalled if you are an intelligent person that is able to think for him or herself.  The idea of creating money out of thin air and then charging interest on it is insanity and the founding fathers (with the exception of hamiliton) were strongly opposed to this.  I'm not sure why everyone claims "conspiracy theory" when someone talks about anything that is not mainstream common knowledge.  I'm assuming that's what you meant when you said the 911 hologram thing.  A privately owned and centralized bank....where do a chunk of our taxes go? to pay off our ever-growing national debt.  People don't even think twice about where that money goes, or the fact that there are actually people making money off of that interest. 

Every single year there is legislation brought forth to repeal the Federal Reserve Act, and every year it is rejected and not even reported by the media.  I just think it's important that people understand that this a problem that many books have been written about and a subject matter that always seems to go unnoticed. 

Bush is one of the lizard people! 

I don't think you understand the concept of a national bank, or much regarding finance in the first place.  If you think the gold standard was so great (I suspect you have no f-ing clue what these things really are) check out Polyani's Great Transformation.  Seriously, get a clue or die in a fire.  Your choice.  And while we're at it, the fed is not a private bank, get real.  I'm sure you read some ANGRY TRACT!!! somewhere but it's a public-private partnership that remains under the purview of congress while having private owners.  It responds to FOIA requests, Citigroup doesn't.  Get it right (or die in a fire).

Just because you're saying something different doesn't mean that those who oppose you are afraid of new ideas.  It could just be that you're an idiot.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
So make up your mind.  You're either a prime candidate for LaRouche or actually interested in discussions of the limitations of independent private banks, which would lead you to Chang/Grabel stuff as a starter.  Either way (and hopefully the latter) you probably shouldn't be writing in wikipedia as it just doesn't seem like you get this stuff.  And Polyani isn't that hard, but you better expect to get it thrown in your face if you start ranting about this. I'm sure you're convinced that the rest of the world has yet to have the scales fall from their eyes, but you're just falling for such an obvious trap (one step away from omg teh jews run the economy and start all the wars). 

You're arguing the equivalent of a a perpetual motion machine (steorn seems to be on your psychic wavelength).