Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: American, LS in US, work in canada?  (Read 4959 times)

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: American, LS in US, work in canada?
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 04:15:29 PM »
and are there issues if someone from the states gets a canadian JD, then later comes back to the states?

do they have to get an LLM then?
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

tampa2323

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 06:00:04 PM »
American JD graduate who wish to work in Canada must go through the FLSC Evaluation Committee.  Their link is below: http://www.flsc.ca/en/foreignLawyers/guidelines.asp

Lil Orphan Annie

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 12:00:58 AM »
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to UBC. I was just at the campus last month and had my breath taken away by how gorgeous it was. (Though the actual law building is not that impressive).  I figure it's a good school, great climate, and lots of beautiful scenery to keep the morale up. I've fallen in love with the place and would be heartbroken if, say, U of Saskatchewan accepted me and not UBC.... :(

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 11:10:31 AM »
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to UBC. I was just at the campus last month and had my breath taken away by how gorgeous it was. (Though the actual law building is not that impressive).  I figure it's a good school, great climate, and lots of beautiful scenery to keep the morale up. I've fallen in love with the place and would be heartbroken if, say, U of Saskatchewan accepted me and not UBC.... :(

FAIR climate...   :P

Lil Orphan Annie

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 05:07:19 PM »

REMARKABLY WARM to a native Saskatchewaner..... :P

papercranes

• Sr. Citizen
  • Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 06:46:41 PM »
Cold has nothing on constant rain. I've lived in Van and Montreal and the -50 winters are beautiful compared to the dank wet cold of Vancouver.

JSIA
university of southern california 2011

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 06:59:23 PM »

REMARKABLY WARM to a native Saskatchewaner..... :P

u need some florida sunshine...   ;)