Law School Discussion

American, LS in US, work in canada?

->Soon

• View Profile
Re: American, LS in US, work in canada?
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 02:15:29 PM »
and are there issues if someone from the states gets a canadian JD, then later comes back to the states?

do they have to get an LLM then?

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 04:00:04 PM »
American JD graduate who wish to work in Canada must go through the FLSC Evaluation Committee.  Their link is below: http://www.flsc.ca/en/foreignLawyers/guidelines.asp

Lil Orphan Annie

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 10:00:58 PM »
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to UBC. I was just at the campus last month and had my breath taken away by how gorgeous it was. (Though the actual law building is not that impressive).  I figure it's a good school, great climate, and lots of beautiful scenery to keep the morale up. I've fallen in love with the place and would be heartbroken if, say, U of Saskatchewan accepted me and not UBC.... :(

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 09:10:31 AM »
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to UBC. I was just at the campus last month and had my breath taken away by how gorgeous it was. (Though the actual law building is not that impressive).  I figure it's a good school, great climate, and lots of beautiful scenery to keep the morale up. I've fallen in love with the place and would be heartbroken if, say, U of Saskatchewan accepted me and not UBC.... :(

FAIR climate...   :P

Lil Orphan Annie

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 03:07:19 PM »

REMARKABLY WARM to a native Saskatchewaner..... :P

papercranes

• Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 04:46:41 PM »
Cold has nothing on constant rain. I've lived in Van and Montreal and the -50 winters are beautiful compared to the dank wet cold of Vancouver.

JSIA

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 04:59:23 PM »

REMARKABLY WARM to a native Saskatchewaner..... :P

u need some florida sunshine...   ;)