Law School Discussion

Poll

What are you planning to do with your JD?

Big Law firm
28 (15.9%)
Mid size firm
30 (17%)
Small Firm
23 (13.1%)
Govt
27 (15.3%)
In House Counsel
30 (17%)
Acadamia
14 (8%)
Other
24 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 77

For the older students, say 28+

aerynn

• Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn
    • Email
Re: For the older students, say 28+
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2006, 09:52:20 PM »
I would like to recommend computer programmers and engineers for dating purposes.

I would like to second this.  I mean, for if and when the bad boy/girl phase is over.

They aren't badboys in your area? I've sworn off programmers because the ones in this area seem to need rehab more than a girlfriend.

I've ran into a few, but mostly they are the younger ones.  Get one over 25 and they are better.  Go 28+ to find one that has(had?) dot com money.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2006, 04:59:43 AM »
just remember, when you date a guy for money, your a prostitute, whether you admit it to yourself or not...

;D

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2006, 06:16:31 AM »
I didn't find that the 25+ ones were that much better, actually. Their salaries are better and maybe they've calmed down a bit but it's still not a place I think of to find "good" guys.

aerynn

• Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2006, 07:27:08 AM »
I didn't find that the 25+ ones were that much better, actually. Their salaries are better and maybe they've calmed down a bit but it's still not a place I think of to find "good" guys.

Hmmmm, if even the programmers and engineers in your area are bad boys, I don't have any advice for you.  That just crazy! 

sck

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2006, 09:33:24 AM »
That's crazy to me -- the two really serious boyfriends I had before my fiance, one was a computer engineer, the other was a java programmer and instructor. I LIKE engineers. A lot.

Granted, if I were better at math, I might be an engineer, so there you go.

Now I'm going to marry a teacher, though....

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2006, 09:36:42 AM »
That's crazy to me -- the two really serious boyfriends I had before my fiance, one was a computer engineer, the other was a java programmer and instructor. I LIKE engineers. A lot.

I spent some time working in IT-related jobs, and it just doesn't seem like there are a lot of "good" guys working in that field over here. They're usually quite bright and interesting, but I can't deal with the other issues they have.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2006, 09:57:13 AM »

I spent some time working in IT-related jobs, and it just doesn't seem like there are a lot of "good" guys working in that field over here. They're usually quite bright and interesting, but I can't deal with the other issues they have.

TELL ME ABOUT IT.  i cant wait to be 100% it job free.

i hate it and there such wieners!

girls arent much better though...

sck

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2006, 10:12:44 AM »
I admit it -- my job is currently network security.

But then, I work for some great people, and my boss is as big of a smartass as I am.

I think I just don't deal with the engineers in a work setting, though, either.

But I've been lucky with the ones I've known, too -- most of them were pretty interesting and amusing.

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2006, 10:17:54 AM »
I admit it -- my job is currently network security.

But then, I work for some great people, and my boss is as big of a smartass as I am.

I think I just don't deal with the engineers in a work setting, though, either.

But I've been lucky with the ones I've known, too -- most of them were pretty interesting and amusing.

I did QA for a while and just finished doing some contract work and quite a few of the programmers I worked with were intolerable. My supervisor at both my QA jobs would go home and cry some nights because our coworkers were so horrific. 

sck

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2006, 01:20:24 PM »
Yick!

I suspect the positiveness of my experience has also been because I don't work in the IT industry, I work in the IT department of an oil and gas company. So we work with a lot of programmers and such, but very few of them have that 'engineer mentality'. Granted, there is one guy I work with that I can think of who is like that -- I like him, but I'm glad I don't have to work with him very closely on a daily basis, because I'd want to smack him over the head.