Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Practice (stupidity from another board)  (Read 1266 times)

PaddyWack

• View Profile
    • Email
Practice (stupidity from another board)
« on: July 23, 2006, 02:23:10 PM »
Quote from: idiot from another board
Default  Aggravated Assault: Am I screwed???
The INCIDENT: (Around Spring Break...like 2.5 - 3 months ago)
My old roommate and some of his buddies (they white) were smokin on National Weed day in the living room. I told them to go in his room or roll out. My roommate got made...I choked him...after we were separated by my girl and his boys, 1 of his boys was talking *&^%...so im like come outside and its curtains for all yall...in the end while im outside with my girl...the dude talkin *&^% was coming out and i approached him like What Up...before he could answer...BAM...he lost his front grill...
2.5 - 3 months later (my roommate long gone), cops knock on my door like...are you blahzey blahzey...im like yeh....they like...we got a warrant for your arrest...

But anyway...

The *&^% is my first scratch.
Spent like 30hrs in the can before being released on $5000 bail.
You would think i would have gotten R.O.R cause it was my first scratch right?

My court date is the 26th (this Wednesday). Should i get a good defense lawyer? or is this easy enuff for a Public Defendant to handle?

They trynna charge me with A.A i guess because he lost his grill....but it was like i was trynna roof the n-word...after the punch...he stumbled and ran back in the crib...i didnt chase him or nothing...

What yall think?
Fvcked or Not?

FVCK...a bruvva scared as *&^%...

and yeh...its my first offense...and Im a full-time college student...looks good for me right?

edit:
BTW...im in Philadelphia...Commonwealth of PA law applies..

To top it all off, he posts this on a...less than reputable board asking for legal advice.   ???

Anyway, predict his outcome.

cyberrev

Re: Practice (stupidity from another board)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 02:36:20 PM »
i would vote screwed

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 02:39:40 PM »
I refuse to comment.    :-X
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

cyberrev

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 02:42:07 PM »
ok, that's one vote for screwed and one abstaining.

where's the poll?  :D

PaddyWack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 08:10:52 PM »
If I believed it was a flame, I wouldn't have posted it here.

Plus, how do I modify it into a poll?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 10:21:55 AM »
Does this even require a legal analysis for real? Classic assault & battery. Fin.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 10:36:38 AM »
"it {Read: he }'s going down..."
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »
Finally you are bad.   ;D
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 10:44:13 AM »
Finally you are bad.   ;D

:D :D  ;)  lol- betta act like u know  ;)
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

PaddyWack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 10:45:44 AM »
I'm trying to look past the poster's obvious stupidity in both language and deed and see all circumstances.

1) Plaintiff was doing illegal drugs in the defendant's home.
2) Plaintiff followed defendant out of house (presumably high on illegal drugs) with intentions unclear.
3) Defendat can argue that he felt threatened and acted preemtively in self-defense.
4) Defendant feared for his safety, and hit the guy once (if I read that correctly, which I'm not entirely sure I did).  Defendant fled and plaintiff did not pursue.

But, of course, this all depends on what, if anything, was said to any officials.  If he told the story as he did here, he's screwed.  But I can see him spinning this and getting off on a much lesser charge.  Lawyer friend of mine said that this is the likely outcome.