Law School Discussion

Is this in any way decent?

Lorelai Gilmore

• I'll lead, you can follow.
    • View Profile
Is this in any way decent?
« on: July 24, 2006, 09:27:41 AM »
I'm trying  to come up with a topic, but this is a little tough.  I have a few ideas, but the one I like most at the moment is snapshotting parts of my life's passions (four different blurbs) and lead it towards why I am interested in law aka the path of discovery of the job that would be best suited for me.  If this doesn't work, I am also throwing around the idea of writing an experience I had about over coming a sports injury, which ended my career (I am able, however after much work to play an alternate sport).  I also had an amublance experience riding in CA.  What do you think?

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: Is this in any way decent?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 09:30:19 AM »
The ambulance one seems interesting.  I can't imagine that there are many EMTs applying to law school, so that can be very memorable, depending on how you spin it.

juliemccoy

• Treat??
    • View Profile
Re: Is this in any way decent?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 09:31:06 AM »
You're in a good place right now where you don't have to write a "why law" statement unless the school to which you are applying specifically requests it. You have a lot of freedom to discuss past experiences that show that you are interesting, a good writer and you've developed some good life skills through your diverse experiences. Any of the PS topics you have mentioned sound interesting.

I know I sound like a broken record, but there is a PS Brainstorm in the back of The Ivey Guide. I found this was really helpful in getting started with my PS.