Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Disclosing juvenile offenses  (Read 518 times)

bunny

• View Profile
Disclosing juvenile offenses
« on: July 22, 2006, 10:18:54 AM »
On the application when it asks about criminal offenses even if they are expunged, does that include ones when you were a juvenile?

When I was 16 I was bullied by a much bigger girl at school & ended up breaking her nose.  Her parents pressed charges & I had to pay restitution & was on probation.  Do I have to list this?

ACK!

• Sr. Citizen
  • RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
Re: Disclosing juvenile offenses
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 10:37:35 AM »
Yes. You could call to clarify, but I'm pretty sure this would be something that you should list. It's doubtful that it will have any negative effect on your application.
U Chi '09

tylaw

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 09:22:28 PM »
that must have felt good

anyhow, I'd probably disclose it. was there a conviction involved? thats another step up, in which case I'd definitely disclose.

J D

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 11:38:34 PM »
On the application when it asks about criminal offenses even if they are expunged, does that include ones when you were a juvenile?

When I was 16 I was bullied by a much bigger girl at school & ended up breaking her nose.  Her parents pressed charges & I had to pay restitution & was on probation.  Do I have to list this?

race of the other girl?

How is that relevant?   ???
"I never think of the future.  It comes soon enough."--Albert Einstein

HairMetalRulz

• its 5 o clock somewhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 01:29:11 PM »
i dont think it will be an issue.... 11 years is a long time ago... as long as you haven't had some other assault-related documented incident, i'm sure you're fine....  can we hear more about the fallout from this fight?  Did the girl ever bully you again?  Were you like all of a sudden invincible at school after this? i know, i'm really bored at work...
161, 3.64.... fingers crossed for something, anything really
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=tfateach

ACK!

• Sr. Citizen
  • RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 07:18:45 PM »
No, she never did anything else.  Her parents actually ended up having to send her to a Catholic school because everyone teased her so much about getting her ass kicked by a little 98 pound girl. :)

Nice.  :)
U Chi '09