Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seton Hall- byuing laptop through school  (Read 2363 times)

brooke

• Christo & Jeanne Claude's "The Crackers"
    • View Profile
Re: Seton Hall- byuing laptop through school
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 12:34:41 PM »
To find your schedule:  First find your classes and section # as described above in the post about the myweb thing.  Your schedule is tricky to find, but if you go to the main site, then current students, then Registration, then Fall '06 Schedule, then click on the arrow to the left of LAW and find your class and section.

MM (PT evening people) and CC people, you can also find your first Torts assignment by going to the main site, then current students, then first class assignments, and looking at Torts I under David Barnes.  That's it so far.

Thanks

Oh, and see ya there!!  (To answer the one question, I live in Manhattan and am in the PT PM section (MM) and MO for Legal Writing.)

Poetgrl21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 07:29:38 PM »
To find your schedule:  First find your classes and section # as described above in the post about the myweb thing.  Your schedule is tricky to find, but if you go to the main site, then current students, then Registration, then Fall '06 Schedule, then click on the arrow to the left of LAW and find your class and section.

MM (PT evening people) and CC people, you can also find your first Torts assignment by going to the main site, then current students, then first class assignments, and looking at Torts I under David Barnes.  That's it so far.

Thanks

Oh, and see ya there!!  (To answer the one question, I live in Manhattan and am in the PT PM section (MM) and MO for Legal Writing.)

Hey, glad to hear of someone else in the pt evening program.  Sounds like I'm in all of your classes (MM) except Legal Writing...I'm in MU.  Finishing up that essay they wanted for legal writing right now actually. :)

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 11:17:09 PM »
hey brooke,

what train will you be taking from manhattan to newark?  NJ Transit?  I'm trying to find the best train to take from penn station

PS you guys who are trying to find your first assignment are insane...enjoy the rest of your summer...youll need it

drlovebug

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 12:07:10 AM »
im livin in manhatten as well..i think im gona end up takin nj trans from penn to penn (they run about 3 or 4 times per hour from what i can see)..  i wish path had a nonstop from 9th street to nwk penn.. only non stop i think to newark is from wtc  .  plus seton hall students gets 25 percent off nj transit fare (every bit helps)
2L

brooke

• Christo & Jeanne Claude's "The Crackers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 11:01:40 AM »
I live way downtown (East TriBeCa I like to call it - actually only 3 blocks or so away from NYLS - made it a tough choice) and I will be taking the PATH train from WTC (15 minute walk from my apartment, cheap cab, or maybe I'll buy a bike).  I've done the trip many times to visit some folks I know and it's doable - and only a buck fifty!  :)

There are quite a few of us on here in the PT PM class - glad to see I'm not alone too.

Haven't started my writing assignment yet.   :o  Maybe I should now since it's slow here at work.

Anybody else on here have a Mac?  I see that it says there ok but I'm still a little nervous about compatibility, especially for exams...

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 03:59:44 PM »
Just wanted to say that even though the website said it would ship the 14th, I just got it today (typing on it now)...nice laptop...

I just need to get a bookbag that has a special compartment for laptops, and preferably one with a roller if i ever need to roll it on the ground...and since ill have so many books it should be  big too....anyone know any suggestions?

drlovebug

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 11:53:20 PM »
i ordered the ibm backpack..   it looks great!   now waiting for the actual laptop :(
2L

alexis

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2006, 05:10:17 PM »
MY LAPTOP CAME!! MY LAPTOP CAME!! they told me it was going to ship on the 15th!! i take back every mean word, every mean thought, and every mean face i ever made or said to the Lenovo man on the phone or the Lenovo tracking email they sent me! im so happy!!  ;D

phew. i had to get that out.

Poetgrl21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2006, 12:35:32 PM »

Hey all, our Legal Research and Writing assignments for the first class are posted (and Torts has been up for awhile)...let the fun begin haha

lawgirl79

• The real man of the house....
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2006, 01:05:34 PM »
ok, I need help.  I went online and am still having trouble finding my schedule and sections.  I followed the directions you guys gave - could someone please explain it again?  Thank you!