Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seton Hall- byuing laptop through school  (Read 2392 times)

Poetgrl21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Seton Hall- byuing laptop through school
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 10:39:36 PM »

Hey all.  I'm from Bergen County, NJ although I'm moving to Rockland County, NY in about a month or so...fortunately it's only like 15 minutes over the NJ border ...otherwise getting to Seton Hall would be impossible. :)

As far as assignments, if you're referring to the writing assignments that will be given to our legal research/writing professors, then yeah I received them...haven't done it yet though...probably this weekend.  Anything else sent to us yet?

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 01:00:00 AM »
im from south orange... went to shu undergrad as well and will be in the day division...

i havent started the legal research and writing homework... has anyone completed it yet? Is it a quick an easy assignment or do i have some work ahead of me... ive been on vacation so I havent been home yet to get the mail and get the assignment, although I know its due the 5th...
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

adb1240

• View Profile
    • Numbers
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 06:48:42 AM »
im from south orange... went to shu undergrad as well and will be in the day division...

i havent started the legal research and writing homework... has anyone completed it yet? Is it a quick an easy assignment or do i have some work ahead of me... ive been on vacation so I havent been home yet to get the mail and get the assignment, although I know its due the 5th...

It's a short response essay (250 words, ungraded, no research) based on an article about "Doing the right thing", as well as an online diagnostic exercise.  They are using it to assess everyone's present level of writing ability.  I did the diagnostic exercise in about 12 minutes and will be writing the essay today.  Don't stress yourself out about it.

For those of you that are interested, if you get on SHU's myweb (myweb.shu.edu), apparently class schedules were generated yesterday.  You can't see your actual schedule from there, but you can find your sections and backtrack into what professors you have.

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 02:01:22 PM »
k sounds good...

i was on myweb just now and didnt say anything about my section nor schedules... whereabouts do i look?
Lets go Pirates!

adb1240

• View Profile
    • Numbers
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 06:43:51 PM »
k sounds good...

i was on myweb just now and didnt say anything about my section nor schedules... whereabouts do i look?

Mine shows the four first semester classes under the Courses tab as such:

2006_FALL_LAW_6003ZZ LEGAL RES & WRITING I (which I think is a placeholder - there is no section ZZ)
2006_FALL_LAW_6005AA CONTRACTS (Lillquist)
2006_FALL_LAW_6008AA TORTS I (McDowell)
2006_FALL_LAW_6009AA CIVIL PROCEDURE (Hartnett)

There's nothing in any of them though -- they're just there.

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2006, 09:10:17 AM »
your right i completely forgot what i was doing lol...

you can also find out exactly who is in your class...

click on the class... go to the links on the left, go down to communication, then cluck roster, then list all... you will find out everyone in your section...

anyone in the BB sections?
Lets go Pirates!

Poetgrl21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2006, 01:43:33 PM »

I'm in all MM sections except for Legal Research/Writing...that's MU

Anyone else?

alexis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 01:37:10 PM »
your right i completely forgot what i was doing lol...

you can also find out exactly who is in your class...

click on the class... go to the links on the left, go down to communication, then cluck roster, then list all... you will find out everyone in your section...

anyone in the BB sections?

Where did you look? i got to the myweb section, btu i dont have a pasword, and there's no link to set one up.

im in the part time day division. ordered my laptop on the 23rd of july and the guy told me to expect it around the first or second week of august

adb1240

• View Profile
    • Numbers
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2006, 10:26:35 PM »

Where did you look? i got to the myweb section, btu i dont have a pasword, and there's no link to set one up.

im in the part time day division. ordered my laptop on the 23rd of july and the guy told me to expect it around the first or second week of august

Your username is the first six letters of your last name + the first two letters of your first name.  For example, John Williams would be williajo.  Your password is the first four letters of your last name (in CAPS), the last four numbers of your social security number, and the pound sign.  Thus, John Williams, SSN 123-45-6789, would have te password WILL6789#

That's some confusing stuff right there.

Once you're in, click on the "Classes" tab, and you'll see all your classes.  As the last guy noted, you can click Communication -> View Roster and see who's in your class. 

drlovebug

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 01:10:20 AM »
im a cc, anyone else??

i bought a laptop thru shu as well the other day

how many sections r there??  i havnt withdrawn from st johns yet, and its easy to see what sections have class at what time there..   can this be found out at shu as well??

2L