Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke  (Read 651 times)

dthiel1125

Duke
« on: July 19, 2006, 03:52:10 PM »
can anyone tell me what duke's campus is like...also, could i got any nerit aid with 169/3.93?

KillMeNow

• My dream girl...so hot, let's keep the lights on
    • View Profile
Re: Duke
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 03:54:14 PM »
I was awarded $14,000/year with a 169/3.65 (plus graduate work), but I don't know anything about the campus. 
"Did y'all hear that?  We're usin' code names."

doublec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 10:28:02 AM »
Duke's campus is really nice.  It is in an old gothic style.  The law school has recently been remodeled but still looks like the rest of campus.  It is a very beautiful campus.  The Business building is next to the law school and the Med school is a few blocks away.  Donít know if you want more information but I have only been there once.

allthatjazz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 11:21:50 AM »
I received $14,000 a year with a 168(average)/3.91 GPA, but I managed to negotiate the offer up to $18,000 a year.

As has been said, the campus is beautiful, with much of it having gothic style architecture; however, the law school does NOT have this style of architecture and does NOT really match the majority of the campus.  Also, the campus has lots of green space with a large garden area.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?

UVa class of 09.

doublec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 02:59:03 PM »
I am not saying the law school looks just like the rest of campus.  Some schools I have been to have a laws school that looks nothing like the rest of campus.  Sorry I didnít mean to make it sound like the law school was also gothic.  Being from the rest the school is very green but I think most school in the east are green.

Dukie07

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 03:15:53 PM »
I'm a duke undergrad so I can let you know about any specific questions you have probably. Just let me know