Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Life As An Associate  (Read 169389 times)

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Life As An Associate
« Reply #1760 on: May 03, 2009, 03:08:07 PM »
I would be willing to bet that all types of senarios are going on. Some are simply a little taboo to discuss or report.
"We have all met that type-- know-it-alls in our society who appoint themselves as infallible experts, but who actually know very little." - Ben Carson M.D.

Obama2

• Sr. Citizen
  • BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY, Detriot red cleaned up!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: May 03, 2009, 03:18:13 PM »
There is a gift and a curse that comes with the territory of being an attractive person. It's unfortunate that you had to experience this ordeal.

I can confirm that from my everyday personal experience. Its hard for us beautiful people (j/p) lol

But nah, much respect CUE BUENO for walking away!!
Feeling like Detriot Red cleaned up!!

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: May 03, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »
There is a gift and a curse that comes with the territory of being an attractive person. It's unfortunate that you had to experience this ordeal.

I can confirm that from my everyday personal experience. Its hard for us beautiful people (j/p) lol

Ha!

Yea..this is true, there are many people who would have compromised their values in an effort to get ahead. Her name is CUI BONO damn it..lol.
"We have all met that type-- know-it-alls in our society who appoint themselves as infallible experts, but who actually know very little." - Ben Carson M.D.

Obama2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 03, 2009, 07:29:03 PM »

Ha!

Yea..this is true, there are many people who would have compromised their values in an effort to get ahead. Her name is CUI BONO damn it..lol.

lol, At first I was going to scroll up and look up her name but then I got cocky and decided to use my memory instead. My bad CUI BONO, atleast its not her real name so its not as bad lol

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 04, 2009, 08:39:53 PM »
Thanks for the kudos, guys! I really appreciate that. Some of my female acquaintances were actually disappointed in me- " don't u want more money" um yeah but I aint about to prostitute myself for it! Lol.

And yeah, all that probably happens a lot and goes unreported. In this field, one's career is pretty much done if they do report it, absent extreme circumstances.
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 05, 2009, 12:38:35 AM »
Thanks for the kudos, guys! I really appreciate that. Some of my female acquaintances were actually disappointed in me- " don't u want more money" um yeah but I aint about to prostitute myself for it! Lol.

And yeah, all that probably happens a lot and goes unreported. In this field, one's career is pretty much done if they do report it, absent extreme circumstances.

This is why (in our previous argument, when you were chewing me out.) I said you were probley in the 90th percentile.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 05, 2009, 03:07:48 PM »

Wasn't chewing u out- was trying to get u to see the light (or see the beauty in the dark as it were).

90% huh? I would kill to be a fly on the wall when u meet these "troubled" ladies!
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Obama2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 05, 2009, 03:14:14 PM »
lol@ "when you were chewing me out", but I do have to agree 90% seems to be pretty high. So you are saying every 9 out of 10 women that were in her position will have not walked off from that "meeting"?