Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Life As An Associate  (Read 169967 times)

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
Re: Life As An Associate
« Reply #1730 on: April 20, 2009, 07:03:45 PM »
Columbia 3L

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 24, 2009, 12:12:09 PM »
I'm with you on this one. My prediction: finding a sensible (American) black woman is going to be one of the most arduous tasks of my life.
Every black man should watch the film, "Diary of a Tired Black Man."

Now I know that it's not my fault...it's not our fault.
Is settling down with a black woman a mission of yours?

Yes I would love to settle down with a black woman. I just need to find one who isn't suffering from ABS (Angry Black Woman Syndrome) or any other issues that I didn't cause.

Even Ray J couldn't find a reasonable black women to select. He had more than a bevy of beautiful black women to choose from. Why is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRZL6dyoPnQ

"We have all met that type-- know-it-alls in our society who appoint themselves as infallible experts, but who actually know very little." - Ben Carson M.D.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 24, 2009, 12:36:29 PM »
I guess I like fishing ' cause I keep on taking the bait.

If u think those women on those dating shows are good black women, no wonder why you are having problems. If you are judging the state of black womanhood on whether Ray J has good choices, no wonder why you are having problems. If you judge anything about the state of black affairs on tv particularly on what Ray J is doing...

Ray J isn't exactly the epitome of black manhood.
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 24, 2009, 07:51:39 PM »

If u think those women on those dating shows are good black women, no wonder why you are having problems. If you are judging the state of black womanhood on whether Ray J has good choices, no wonder why you are having problems. If you judge anything about the state of black affairs on tv particularly on what Ray J is doing...

preach!
Columbia 3L

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 24, 2009, 11:58:51 PM »
What's wrong with Ray J? He's not Real or Chance or Flav (each of whom couldn't find a black woman). I'm just trying to figure it out, I know black men who would throw their hands up in frustration, and move on outside the race. I'm just sayin.

Ok, granted the reality shows perhaps don't represent the touchstone of black womanhood, perhaps when CNN's Black in America II series airs, I will inch closer to cracking the black woman's algorithm.
"We have all met that type-- know-it-alls in our society who appoint themselves as infallible experts, but who actually know very little." - Ben Carson M.D.

Obama2

• Sr. Citizen
  • BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY, Detriot red cleaned up!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 25, 2009, 01:34:40 AM »
Last time I visited this thread, the topic was on the economy and how it is affecting law firms and lawyers lol. Now its about Angry black women, Ray J, and etc lol. It caught me off guard, but I must say it was an interesting back and forth going on on this issue. So I will participate in this thread hi-jacking. Although the person bitching about someone possibly referring to them as "boo" in this casual conversation sounds like they need to take a chill pill!!

As far as for "the fine sistas" at the jail house waiting for their man, in my experince the more you are around these brothas the more it becomes obvious most of those in the jail are just like any other people, they are good people. They just happen to make bad decisions for a number of reasons (not trying to condone their actions) that puts them in jail. So in my view good black men/women are everywhere, it just circumstances/enviornment/chance that seperate us from finding each other (if you cant find them).  Again I am speaking in general and just from what I have seen personally, thats my disclaimer "BOO" lol
Feeling like Detriot Red cleaned up!!

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 25, 2009, 02:02:43 AM »

I'm with you on this one. My prediction: finding a sensible (American) black woman is going to be one of the most arduous tasks of my life.

I laughed at this quote. . .until I realized that you were serious.

:o :o

You obviously don't live around a large metro area (Charlotte, DC, ATL, LA, NYC, HOU) otherwise you wouldn't have typed those foolish words. If you can't find a "sensible" woman, then it is entirely your fault. You obviously aren't tryin' hard enough and instead of being online you need to get out in the REAL WORLD and get on ya grind.

Ignore all this Dr. Phil crap about Ray J and what is or isn't "Black womanhood". Log off on your computer, turn off the TV AND GO GET UP ON THESE . . .

Well, I ain't gonna finish the phrase, but I'm sure A LOT OF FELLAS already finished the sentence in their minds. 
Warning: Educated Black Man

University of Law '09

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 25, 2009, 09:50:03 AM »

preach!

:)

You obviously don't live around a large metro area (Charlotte, DC, ATL, LA, NYC, HOU) otherwise you wouldn't have typed those foolish words. If you can't find a "sensible" woman, then it is entirely your fault. You obviously aren't tryin' hard enough and instead of being online you need to get out in the REAL WORLD and get on ya grind.

Ignore all this Dr. Phil crap about Ray J and what is or isn't "Black womanhood". Log off on your computer, turn off the TV AND GO GET UP ON THESE . . .

Well, I ain't gonna finish the phrase, but I'm sure A LOT OF FELLAS already finished the sentence in their minds. 

LMAO @ "Dr. Phil crap"

I would agree with you, TrueOne, except I really don't think it's all that hard. In other words it's not an issue of "trying hard enough". I know I have a tendency to be a bit afrocentric/militant but I'll freely admit that it really bugs me either when I hear a black woman saying "there aint any good black men out there" or "a good black man is hard to find"  or when a brother says that same about women.  It's really not that hard nor that serious! Personally, I've never ever been in a dating situation that made me swear off black men or make a statement like that.

But AgreetoDisagree, you know I love ya but I keep coming back to Sands' quote being about a year old. That just speaks volumes. You had to have gone back several pages to find that gem.  The issue is why. 

So in my view good black men/women are everywhere

TITCR.
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 25, 2009, 09:44:11 PM »
Last time I visited this thread, the topic was on the economy and how it is affecting law firms and lawyers lol. Now its about Angry black women, Ray J, and etc lol. It caught me off guard, but I must say it was an interesting back and forth going on on this issue. So I will participate in this thread hi-jacking. Although the person bitching about someone possibly referring to them as "boo" in this casual conversation sounds like they need to take a chill pill!!

As far as for "the fine sistas" at the jail house waiting for their man, in my experince the more you are around these brothas the more it becomes obvious most of those in the jail are just like any other people, they are good people. They just happen to make bad decisions for a number of reasons (not trying to condone their actions) that puts them in jail. So in my view good black men/women are everywhere, it just circumstances/enviornment/chance that seperate us from finding each other (if you cant find them).  Again I am speaking in general and just from what I have seen personally, thats my disclaimer "BOO" lol

I'm sorry sir, but most of the people in jail are criminals. I know you have your exceptions here and there, and that's well understood, but to assert that "most are good people" come on brotha. Simply because you live in an adverse environment does not mean that you're consigned to adopt that behavior. I'm not just talking about something I don't know about, I grew up in Los Angeles Calif. (South Central 28th & Western) gang infested (20's blood territory) drug infested (neighbors two doors down invariably outside slingin' crack) ghetto bird soaring.
Well I've never been incarcerated, I've never been in a gang, it's all about decisions. I mean Venus and Serena Williams hail from Compton Calif. Compton! It doesn't get any worse than Compton. In my opinion, sir, your above sentiment is an apology, an excuse for poor decision making that lands you in jail. Furthermore, if you're not condoning their actions, then what are you doing? However, you're entitled to your own opinion.

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 25, 2009, 09:59:13 PM »

Well sir, actually I grew up in Los Angeles Calif. Not too long after going to undergrad (HBCU in the mid-west) my mother sold her LA home, well where did she move? she moved to the ATL. In undergrad I studied abroad in West Africa for two months. I mean, I see your point, but sir, it does not apply to me. I've been out there....even out of this hemisphere. In furtherance, I don't think the task is impossible, I feel it's at the acme of difficult and complex. Lastly, I know you don't believe in watching TV, but go watch the film, individuals in virtually all the above cities you mentioned are interviewed. Lastly, in regard to getting up on these....... fill in the blank, I've never had a problem in the female dept. in all my days. But my discourse is in regard to finding a sista to marry, not just a tip drill or what have you, I've been there and I've done that. Cue this video to 4:38 and you will further understand what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln_QGuL0yb0&feature=related