Law School Discussion

Life As An Associate

TruOne

• I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
Re: Life As An Associate
« Reply #1340 on: December 11, 2007, 08:42:26 PM »

No you don't always call the shots. Please note I am speaking strictly in generality. Do not bombard me with specifics and exceptions to rules.
But basically, in high school and middle school women did the choosing, but in college the paradigm shifted. Additionaly depending on what kind of women you want, in this case Kiesha Korporate, wants a certain type of a man. Having said this, post college the effects of the paradigm shift become manifest. But I was always given the impression that safe haven exist in the form of NEw York city, but I could be wrong

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m33/twoface2178/gifs/look.gif

? ? ?

« Reply #1341 on: December 11, 2007, 10:30:47 PM »
Imma stick with BK...BK all day everyday!  however, i may move later on--if only to make sure that my zoned school area is a good one

oh i love brooklyn, and i definitely want to move back at some point... i just worry about the hours as a young associate, so i feel like i should live as close as possible to work.  since midtown east housing is such a scam, next closest is queens... although if i could afford brooklyn heights, i suppose the commute would be ok.

« Reply #1342 on: December 11, 2007, 10:43:50 PM »
Imma stick with BK...BK all day everyday!  however, i may move later on--if only to make sure that my zoned school area is a good one

oh i love brooklyn, and i definitely want to move back at some point... i just worry about the hours as a young associate, so i feel like i should live as close as possible to work.  since midtown east housing is such a scam, next closest is queens... although if i could afford brooklyn heights, i suppose the commute would be ok.

queens is wack (bc of course, bk ppl don't like other boroughs)...for the most part, you have to go through brooklyn to get to queens anyway.

i thought about the young associate/working late hours thing too...but i'd rather just get my own place as soon as i can instead of paying rent.  paying my own mortgage>>>>>> paying someone else's mortgage by way of rent in the city.  thus, i wouldn't have to worry about paying debt, paying rent, and saving for my own place all at the same time--'cuz to keep it real, imma need some money to indulge in my love of bags :D

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 11, 2007, 10:51:41 PM »
I don't get why the hours at work necessitate a home near to work.  I guess, yeah, you don't want some f'n killer commute if you have to be at work early, but what's the difference between a 15 minute commute and a 30 minute commute, honestly?  Either way you're at the mercy of the MTA.  I'd rather pay less and live more comfortably in Bushwick or Ridgewood Queens, 45 minutes from my job, than living more expensively and in a smaller space in Harlem or midtown, with a 15 minute commute.  So I get half and hour less sleep.  Whatever.  Like we'll be sleeping at all.  Pshaw.

lalalagirl007

• fierceness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 11, 2007, 10:59:07 PM »

I remember feeling that midwest vibe - fellas still too concerned with mean muggin in the club, sportin throwbacks and corn rows, ladies still attracted to aforementioned thugs, etc.  You can certainly find that crowd in NY in some spots in Harlem and the Bronx, but only if you want to. In NY, you def have more representation on the other end of the spectrum - young professionals, chic attire, out in the club with the mentality of having a good time, etc.

Ugghhh...I HATE this! I didn't know this was a midwest thing, but that makes sense because it is alive and kickin in my city! Infact, i've been completely turned off from clubs because of it. (As well as the accompanying violence and shootings) I'm definitely looking forward to being around and socializing with people on the other end of the spectrum. I like to keep it classy!  :)

« Reply #1345 on: December 11, 2007, 11:01:22 PM »
I don't get why the hours at work necessitate a home near to work.  I guess, yeah, you don't want some f'n killer commute if you have to be at work early, but what's the difference between a 15 minute commute and a 30 minute commute, honestly?  Either way you're at the mercy of the MTA.  I'd rather pay less and live more comfortably in Bushwick or Ridgewood Queens, 45 minutes from my job, than living more expensively and in a smaller space in Harlem or midtown, with a 15 minute commute.  So I get half and hour less sleep.  Whatever.  Like we'll be sleeping at all.  Pshaw.

this is true...i'm not trying to be way out in BK...but i don't need to be in Manhattan either.  plus, i get good sleep on the train in the morning anyway  :D

TruOne

• I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 11, 2007, 11:31:12 PM »
Damn, these last couple of pages make me appreciate being in Da Souf. In ATL an apartment downtown on Peachtree or even in Mid-town could run anywhere between $700 to $2000 if you REALLY tryin' to Ball outta control.

$4000/month???? The hell???? For an apartment!?!

I'll leave that to ya'll city-slickers.

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 12, 2007, 01:16:24 AM »

this is true...i'm not trying to be way out in BK...but i don't need to be in Manhattan either.  plus, i get good sleep on the train in the morning anyway  :D

assuming you get a seat.

« Reply #1348 on: December 12, 2007, 07:43:55 AM »

assuming you get a seat.

9/10 i get a seat...it's all about scooping out for an empty seat while the train is pulling in the station.   :D

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 12, 2007, 08:49:18 AM »

assuming you get a seat.

9/10 i get a seat...it's all about scooping out for an empty seat while the train is pulling in the station.   :D

I don't even know what the seats look like on the PATH.  In fact, come to think of it....do the PATH even have seats?