Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Breaking your stereotype  (Read 3737 times)

thechoson

Breaking your stereotype
« on: August 17, 2004, 09:17:33 PM »
Describe how you break stereotypes associated with your race or gender.

I am Korean, but I don't eat Kimchee, I don't smoke, I rarely drink, I suck at math, and I don't like expensive clothes.

NYKnicks

Re: Breaking your stereotype
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 09:20:37 PM »
I am Chinese, and I don't cut my toenails on the driveway, I don't drive a ricer car, and I use a dryer.

thechoson

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 09:21:42 PM »
Actually, I think a better question for me is how exactly I act Korean.

But then, I like really fobby Korean girls. So weirdo me

Dewitt

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 09:24:57 PM »
i am a male but i am extremely clean. i take 2 showers a day. i always wash my hands before meals. i always wash my hands after going to the bathroom, i always hang up my clothes. i always do laundry once a week. and i always wash the dishes immediately after using em.

thechoson

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 09:26:19 PM »
i am a male but i am extremely clean. i take 2 showers a day. i always wash my hands before meals. i always wash my hands after going to the bathroom, i always hang up my clothes. i always do laundry once a week. and i always wash the dishes immediately after using em.

you don't call this breaking stereotypes. You call this a mental condition

NYKnicks

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 09:27:17 PM »
Dewitt you have lost it again, kudos to you anyway though, I could never do all of those things in one given day.

thechoson

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 09:29:21 PM »
Does Jrtz like really clean guys?

Dewitt, is this some bull attempt to impress her, cause if it is, you have reinvented teh wheel once again, you tool

Dewitt

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 09:36:41 PM »
no. i am just that way. i always thought asians were cleaner than whites considering my parents are like that. i mean whites don't wash hands after a *&^%, they wear shoes into the house, etc...

and you guys are wrong bout chinese being dirty. they mess *&^% up in the public bathroom and don't clean up after themselves not because they're dirty. its because they're selfish and would rather have others worry about it.

thechoson

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 09:39:14 PM »
Chinese are dirty. CCG only showered once a day. What kind of *&^% is that? I shower after each meal

dgatl

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 09:40:21 PM »
hmm, i'm breaking stereotypes by going to law school.  i also chain smoke and don't wear designer clothes or drive a bmw like most desi kids born here