Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anybody wait-listed at hofstra?  (Read 5865 times)

camelbx

• 164/2.95
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: anybody wait-listed at hofstra?
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2004, 10:21:30 PM »
Just a short note-- you're a Tri-Lambda even if you dont know it yet, and the fact that you don't know means to me you spent too much of your life in a classroom, oh and i can post fake stats too, i have a 4.0 180 and am a 35 year labor/employment lawyer peece

abmarz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2004, 11:02:50 AM »
rpplvc13,

Good news... Turns out the day after I posted my reply, I got a call from the dean at Hofstra saying that not only am I accepted off the wait list, but I am also a finalist for the Child and Family Advocacy Fellowship I applied for! Very excited about that...

If you really want to go to Hofstra, I recommend sending in an updated transcript and a letter saying why you want to go there. Also send in another rec. You gotta let them know you are still interested...

If I get the fellowship, I will go there. If not, I'll have to decide between a few other schools.

prelaw_undergrad ,

I couldn't help but find your postings amusing. The way you talk reminds me a lot of my ex-bf, a pretenious snob who, like you, had extremely high "numbers" but NO social skills or personality.

I pity you because when you are off studying at Harvard or wherever the heck you go and have a lifeless corporate job paying 500K a year, I will go to a school where I am comfortable, work at a job that has meaning, and get laid infintely more times than you ever will :)

dnw2007

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2004, 05:00:40 PM »
Congrats abmarz!  Hofstra is an excellent school!  You'll have a blast if you choose to go there!  Don't let anyone spoil your party!  And I hope that you get that Fellowship!

rpplvc13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2004, 03:02:05 PM »
abmarz,

congrats on the acceptance!  I have taken your advice and sent a letter to all of the schools where I have either not heard or have been wait-listed.  I also sent a copy of my grades from the Fall 2003 term (unofficial, I know, but our registrar's office moves about as fast as an elephant with a broken ankle) and an article from our campus newsletter in which I was featured.  I hope this stuff helps me get in...and good luck with the fellowship!

Roger

CarpeDiem

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2004, 12:33:28 PM »
I really have to add that the real world really is far more than your GPA, LSAT Score, and personal accomplishments. The real world, although highly subjective and completely dependent on each individual's perception, is about social interactions with other people.

Mr. Prelaw_Undergrad, I congratualate you for your remarkable achivements, but please realize that the law profession is about social interaction, with your collagues, clients, and countless others. From your display of rude, blatant disregard for everyone on this discussion board, I think I speak for everyone when I say that your social ineptitude will completely overshadow all of your academic achievements.

When you meet one of your peers in law school, he or she will not care what you scored on what test or whether you're in mensa schmensa or Phi Smelta Delta pre-law fraternity. No one will care whether you graduated from high school early or not. If anything, they will note that you did graduate from high school early and pity you, for you probably did not get the opportunity to grow up during high school and learn how to properly socialize with other human beings.

What did you do in college anyway, Mr. I Course Overloaded and Graduated in 2.58 years? Make a friend for god sakes. Get a life. No one but your damn self cares about your achievements if you give yourself such bogus self-acclamation such as you did.

Get a damn life and blow it out your ass anywhere else but this post.

Let me reiterate. No one gives a *&^% about pompous assholes such as yourself.

Dickhead.

CarpeDiem

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2004, 12:34:17 PM »
Yo momma.

prelaw_undergrad

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2004, 02:16:28 PM »
HAHA! Ya'll still think I am a male!!

:) :D ;D :o 8) ::) :P :-*

kattiewitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2004, 04:02:33 PM »
prelaw-
Male or female, real world experience or not.  You may want to work on the attitude.  I have to tell you.  I've always slacked, I've always had good grades and good test scores.  I'm a no effort kind of girl.  I worked almost full time through college and did a bunch of activities and volunteer work.  I got a grad degree.  Then I started work in the real world.  The job isn't challenging, I have supervisors who I know I'm smarter than . . . I sound conceited.  The point is I have to suck it up everyday, follow policies I disagree with, make changes in my work that I disagree with.
The point to this rambling is that learning to interact with others is a valuable skill, especially when you feel diminished and feel that you are superior to others in someway.  I also think that while people get test score based on intelligence, good prep courses, lack of studying, or just a bad day, you should have compassion for those who didn't do as well as they'd hoped, or as well as you consider acceptable.  Why bring others down in a world that is negative.  My own experience is that once I got a job and entered the "real world," leaving my academic cocoon, that I'm just happy for anything positive, because life is hard, so why make it harder for others.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2004, 02:50:13 AM »
Pre_Law,
So I guess I am not the only one that picked a fight with you (I am not picking one now just said for information sake based on what I noticed in this large thread) Good Luck in law school...  :)

(PS I knew you were a girl, ha!  ;D
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

Elwayis#1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2004, 03:17:30 AM »
Now I KNOW prelaw was lying about his credentials.  He's just a liar.  He's obviously not female; females don't compensate for shortcomings and insecurities in the manner in which prelaw has.  It's clear he's creating a fictional version of himself because he's not satisfied with the real one.  His challenge to the assumption that he's male simply served as a pitiful attempt to score points in the game he's playing, the game of antagonizing others for the purpose of compensating for his (probably social) inadequacies. Let's not buy in to his crap.