Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: student loan xpress  (Read 552 times)

yoyos

• View Profile
    • Email
student loan xpress
« on: July 17, 2006, 11:27:26 AM »
does anyone know anything about student loan express. i am leaning towards them to finance my gradplus loan. they have an automatic 2% interest rate reduction when u sign up for automatic debit (8.5---> 6.5%). i dunno if this is better than what THE is offering. any opinions?

dodo97

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: student loan xpress
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 02:41:58 PM »
I was just wondering the same thing. Hopefully some of the more finaid-savvy people in here will have an opinion.

chonralda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 10:14:11 PM »
I love them! They have been very, very easy to get in contact with and have been super understanding as my law school kept changing how they wanted us to do our gradplus loans. They even called about something where they saw an issue - overall I rate them excellent, and the 6.5 percent isnt too bad either!
University of Connecticut '09

IN: Miami, Syracuse ($$)
WL: Penn State, Maryland, Case
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=chonralda

Mr. Burnz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 10:36:42 PM »
I remember taking a look at them for Stafford loans but I think they were charging an origination fee of 3% so I passed on them.  I'm looking to see if they do the same for PLUS loans, but I can't find anything concrete.  However, I assume if it were 0%, they would advertise that somewhere.  A 3% fee would be a hefty bit of change and you'd be much better going with a lender that has no charge...