Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Feb 7 LSAT  (Read 5117 times)

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Feb 7 LSAT
« on: February 07, 2004, 08:24:16 AM »
Congratulations to everyone who took the LSAT today.  Please make sure to have a good meal and a drink (or several) before obsessing about it here.  Then - discuss!

Cooley-GR

• View Profile
Re: Feb 7 LSAT
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 03:22:33 PM »
I had two games sections on today's test.  Sections 3 & 4.  Any speculation as to which one was the throw away?  I thought section 3s problems much easier than 4.

pigsfeet007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 03:43:45 PM »
I had games 3 & 5 .. 5 was much harder and had 1 extra problem set.  Section 3 had only 24 questions.  Section 5 had a real hard one about student housing. I really hope that was the experimental section.

justme

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 03:49:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure section 3 was experimental. Form what I understand, every one has the experimental section at the same time. From readomg through postings on some other boars, it sounds like section 3 was it.

I had 2 games sections as well, 3rd and 4th.  My 3rd section was pretty easy, had 22 questions. The 4th section was tougher, 23 questions, the first set there was no room for notes/diagrams, there was student/faculty housing, colored pencils, and i think birds. I'm pretty sure this was the real one.

Hope that helps

pigsfeet007

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2004, 03:54:03 PM »
yeah the one w/ the pencils and birds, is the one i did awful on. Could someone who just had 1 games section confirm that this was the section they had?

lsmf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2004, 04:27:28 PM »
Anyone know whether the theory that "it can't be a real section if the number of questions for all four sections would add up to less than 101" is true?

This would automatically invalidate the easier NON-pencil, bird housing one, because that section had only 22 questions for me, adding to 100 questions only.

Any thoughts?

helix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2004, 04:49:47 PM »
I only had one games section.  It was the one with the computers, pencils, birds and houses.

michimoibelle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 05:40:06 PM »
I had 2 game sections. #3 & #4. Section 3 was really easy & section 4 was HARD. Do you really think that section for was the "real" section, the one with pencils, birds,etc.

notimeformudclub

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004, 08:04:15 PM »
Section 3 was the experimental section on today's test, no matter what your topic was, it was section 3.  And yes, the "real" games section with the computer store, and the stupid f-ing pencils, and those hateful birds) was an utter nightmare.  For what its worth, everyone at our test center was miserable about that section.

All in all, the reading comp wasnt too bad and the logical reasoning was of average difficulty.  They REALLY gave it us on the games though.

justme

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 08:34:16 PM »
the 101 questions thing is usually true, but not definitely.  In the past decade or so, there has been at least one LSAT with 100 questions, and at least one with 102. Still, the vast majority have come ot 101.