Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What "school supplies" are really needed for a 1L??  (Read 5136 times)

blocke123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What "school supplies" are really needed for a 1L??
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2006, 09:20:07 PM »
BS different colored highlighters are required. i HATE highlighters. i dont plan to even own one.

I had a lawyer friend who told me to write with highlighters instead of pens... I'll let you guess why.
Wants to meet me under the bleachers: DePaul ($$$), John Marshall ($$$ withdrawn), American, Miami (withdrawn), IOWA, Kent ($$)
Wants to meet me by the bike rack: Indiana
Told me they need to wash their hair: Loyola

Law2k6

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2006, 10:38:46 PM »
BS different colored highlighters are required. i HATE highlighters. i dont plan to even own one.

I had a lawyer friend who told me to write with highlighters instead of pens... I'll let you guess why.

People can't copy your notes.  Genius.

Color copier? Scanner? :P
U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009

law123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2006, 10:44:48 PM »
tag

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2006, 11:20:05 PM »
To show the important parts of a piece of paper.

beer gunner

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 02:20:26 AM »

lol!  Just taking some notes on the back of my hand until I break out the typewriter - old school like that. ;D

j/k

Law School Confidential breaks it down - basically bring the laptop, 5 highlighters (like the book says - different highlighter for different parts of the court case) and get the supplemental study materials after the first 2 weeks
To drink a beer or not to drink a beer, was that the question?

OL - 3rd tier

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 09:19:06 AM »

lol!  Just taking some notes on the back of my hand until I break out the typewriter - old school like that. ;D

j/k

Law School Confidential breaks it down - basically bring the laptop, 5 highlighters (like the book says - different highlighter for different parts of the court case) and get the supplemental study materials after the first 2 weeks

I've got to agree that I hate colored highlighters--yellow I can deal with but the rest give me a headache. I'm a lil' old school--I'll probably use an index card for each case and write out the important elements--highlighting gives my brain permission to zone out. Writing is a much more active tool