Law School Discussion

The Official Mac Loyalty Thread

Re: The Official Mac Loyalty Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2006, 02:33:14 PM »
>>OS X even offers "Automator" in which you can create "work flows" to automatically accomplish ardeous time consuming tasks (e.g. changing 100 photographs from .bmp to .jpg and decreasing the size).<<

Whoa... that sounds AWESOME.  Man, I'm thinking back to how long it took to convert my 11x14 portfolio files into web-friendly images...

I want my Macbook to come!  I shoulda just bought it at the Apple store... total mistake. 

how long have you been waiting for it to come? I just ordered mine last night and the guy said it should arrive sometime next week...

I ordered it last Friday, I think, and according to the website it's not arriving until August 2nd... and I paid for expedited shipping!  >:(

However, before I complain, I'll wait and see when it actually comes... my iPod arrived yesterday, and according to the order status it was gonna be here on Friday.   ::)

« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2006, 02:37:04 PM »
Thank god for this thread because it has lots of great information... but y'all are making me jealous!  I wanna buy my Macbook now!!!  I have an ibook that I love dearly but we need another computer anyway and I need something with Windows for exams so we're planning on getting a Macbook.  However we cannot afford one until after we move and get student loans (no room on the credit card right now... at least not in addition to the home stuff we need).  I'm so jealous  :'(

do you *definitely* need Windows for exams? Make sure, because if not, you could just stick with the iBook which is an excellent computer

firant

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2006, 02:45:09 PM »
do you *definitely* need Windows for exams? Make sure, because if not, you could just stick with the iBook which is an excellent computer

Just as a note, Secure Exam works on macs running OS X panther and higher. So if your school uses secure exam, you may not need XP at all. (do make sure they let you use the mac version.. would be bad to have the prof tell you PCs only on test day)

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2006, 02:45:25 PM »
>>OS X even offers "Automator" in which you can create "work flows" to automatically accomplish ardeous time consuming tasks (e.g. changing 100 photographs from .bmp to .jpg and decreasing the size).<<

Whoa... that sounds AWESOME.  Man, I'm thinking back to how long it took to convert my 11x14 portfolio files into web-friendly images...

I want my Macbook to come!  I shoulda just bought it at the Apple store... total mistake. 

how long have you been waiting for it to come? I just ordered mine last night and the guy said it should arrive sometime next week...

I ordered it last Friday, I think, and according to the website it's not arriving until August 2nd... and I paid for expedited shipping>:(

However, before I complain, I'll wait and see when it actually comes... my iPod arrived yesterday, and according to the order status it was gonna be here on Friday.   ::)

how strange! I just ordered it last night *without* expedited shipping, and it's scheduled to arrive on August 4th!!!

perhaps it has something to do with our locations?

« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2006, 02:48:25 PM »
err...nevermind, I read the order status thing wrong. Mine is coming on the 7th.  :-[

« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2006, 02:54:35 PM »

I do need Windows at Michigan, but either way we need to replace my husband's computer ASAP so we need to get another anyhow... and we LOVE our Mac so we definitely are getting another!  Just probably not until October, which is fine.

AZWildcat

• What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2006, 01:37:05 AM »
Not everyone owns Photoshop.  Just sayin'

There's no such thing as a "native Safari spell checker."  The spell checker is OS X-wide, and can be accessed by right clicking on any word.

loveless

• Law school is NICE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2006, 06:31:28 AM »
err...nevermind, I read the order status thing wrong. Mine is coming on the 7th.  :-[

FYI, I ordered my MacBook on July 15, it shipped from China on the 23rd, arrived at my house yesterday. I played around with it for a half hour or so.

Seeing as I'm a musician of sorts, I'm glad I got this a month before law school starts because I can definetly see GarageBand stealing some of my life away.

« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2006, 09:02:49 AM »
Not everyone owns Photoshop.  Just sayin'

There's no such thing as a "native Safari spell checker."  The spell checker is OS X-wide, and can be accessed by right clicking on any word.

I have it, but it's a reeeally old version... let's put it this way, I have to open up OS9 to use it.  Speaking of, I had question about that... is there any possibility of being able to use the program on my new Macbook without opening an old OS?  Is that what Rosetta does?

Kevin26.2

• i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2006, 09:10:24 AM »

FYI, I ordered my MacBook on July 15, it shipped from China on the 23rd, arrived at my house yesterday. I played around with it for a half hour or so.

Seeing as I'm a musician of sorts, I'm glad I got this a month before law school starts because I can definetly see GarageBand stealing some of my life away.

GarageBand is so amazing. With some imagination and my old Casio keyboard, i've been making some fun stuff. now if i can just get this eBay seller to ship my new guitar soon, it'll be ON.