Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official Mac Loyalty Thread  (Read 5979 times)

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: The Official Mac Loyalty Thread
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 12:02:26 PM »
Macbook Pro, baby!

I think I have an honorary lifetime appointment to the Mac loyalty club, based on sheer volume of Mac-related posts, if nothing else.

Also, I'm a latter-day convert...just switched over about 2 and a half years ago.  So if any newbies (or potential PC-defectors) have questions about making the switch, ask away. 
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

Kevin26.2

• Sr. Citizen
  • i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 01:09:02 PM »
liking my macbook so far, who woul've thought it could be so useful --> http://www.sagags.com/?p=441
Iowa Law Class of '09

m34ch

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 01:45:53 PM »
half the reason i'm excited to go to law school is that i get to buy a new macbook

i love it

and now with bootcamp, we should be able to take exams just fine
Albany Law, Class of 2009

VLM83

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 01:54:11 PM »
A couple of the law schools I have applied to...I talked to them and they don't allow students to take exams on Macs, even with bootcamp...even though it works...they just don't allow it. Which is pretty annoying/stupid/short sighted of them. I really want to get a Mac, but I don't want to have to buy another computer (PC) just to take exams...and I would not want to rely on borrowing/renting one that might break down. Even buying a "cheap" one... it's still not that cheap, especially after shelling out 1 or 2 G's for a brand new mac. So I just don't know!

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 01:54:57 PM »
I'm on my PowerBook right now, and that's how I roll.

m34ch

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006, 02:25:42 PM »
A couple of the law schools I have applied to...I talked to them and they don't allow students to take exams on Macs, even with bootcamp...even though it works...they just don't allow it. Which is pretty annoying/stupid/short sighted of them. I really want to get a Mac, but I don't want to have to buy another computer (PC) just to take exams...and I would not want to rely on borrowing/renting one that might break down. Even buying a "cheap" one... it's still not that cheap, especially after shelling out 1 or 2 G's for a brand new mac. So I just don't know!

it's worth it to me- i don't mind borrowing one for 5 or 6 hours a semester

5 hours a semester x 6 semesters = 30 hours.
there are 26,280 hours in the 3 years of law school (summers included)
which means that i need a pc for 0.114% of the time in law school

i'm not messing around with windows for 3 years just so i can use required software for 30 hours
Albany Law, Class of 2009

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 05:05:46 PM »

I believe you'll see this attitude changing very soon once the ignorance lifts.
USD 2L

gch

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2006, 08:59:50 PM »

it's worth it to me- i don't mind borrowing one for 5 or 6 hours a semester

5 hours a semester x 6 semesters = 30 hours.
there are 26,280 hours in the 3 years of law school (summers included)
which means that i need a pc for 0.114% of the time in law school

i'm not messing around with windows for 3 years just so i can use required software for 30 hours

I agree with you.  I have been playing around on my MacBook since it arrived this morning and must admit that I am enjoying every minute of it.

SammyJenkins

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2006, 10:04:02 PM »

I have an iBook as well for a year now, and I refuse to give it up to buy a PC!  After spending the money on this iBook (and well worth it may I add), I don't want to pay money for a PC that catches viruses, crashes, and freezes every other day! 

monet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 11:49:01 AM »
I do find that my macbook slows down ever so slightly now that I've left it on for a couple of weeks. I do close the lid so it goes to sleep but have not turned it off or rebooted. How often do people reboot their macs? Do you ever power it off completely?
Washington & Lee -- 2009