The Official Mac Loyalty Thread

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: The Official Mac Loyalty Thread
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 10:02:26 AM »
Macbook Pro, baby!

I think I have an honorary lifetime appointment to the Mac loyalty club, based on sheer volume of Mac-related posts, if nothing else.

Also, I'm a latter-day convert...just switched over about 2 and a half years ago.  So if any newbies (or potential PC-defectors) have questions about making the switch, ask away. 

Kevin26.2

• i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 11:09:02 AM »
liking my macbook so far, who woul've thought it could be so useful --> http://www.sagags.com/?p=441

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 11:45:53 AM »
half the reason i'm excited to go to law school is that i get to buy a new macbook

i love it

and now with bootcamp, we should be able to take exams just fine

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 11:54:11 AM »
A couple of the law schools I have applied to...I talked to them and they don't allow students to take exams on Macs, even with bootcamp...even though it works...they just don't allow it. Which is pretty annoying/stupid/short sighted of them. I really want to get a Mac, but I don't want to have to buy another computer (PC) just to take exams...and I would not want to rely on borrowing/renting one that might break down. Even buying a "cheap" one... it's still not that cheap, especially after shelling out 1 or 2 G's for a brand new mac. So I just don't know!

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 11:54:57 AM »
I'm on my PowerBook right now, and that's how I roll.

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006, 12:25:42 PM »
A couple of the law schools I have applied to...I talked to them and they don't allow students to take exams on Macs, even with bootcamp...even though it works...they just don't allow it. Which is pretty annoying/stupid/short sighted of them. I really want to get a Mac, but I don't want to have to buy another computer (PC) just to take exams...and I would not want to rely on borrowing/renting one that might break down. Even buying a "cheap" one... it's still not that cheap, especially after shelling out 1 or 2 G's for a brand new mac. So I just don't know!

it's worth it to me- i don't mind borrowing one for 5 or 6 hours a semester

5 hours a semester x 6 semesters = 30 hours.
there are 26,280 hours in the 3 years of law school (summers included)
which means that i need a pc for 0.114% of the time in law school

i'm not messing around with windows for 3 years just so i can use required software for 30 hours

AZWildcat

• What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 03:05:46 PM »

I believe you'll see this attitude changing very soon once the ignorance lifts.

gch

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2006, 06:59:50 PM »

it's worth it to me- i don't mind borrowing one for 5 or 6 hours a semester

5 hours a semester x 6 semesters = 30 hours.
there are 26,280 hours in the 3 years of law school (summers included)
which means that i need a pc for 0.114% of the time in law school

i'm not messing around with windows for 3 years just so i can use required software for 30 hours

I agree with you.  I have been playing around on my MacBook since it arrived this morning and must admit that I am enjoying every minute of it.

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2006, 08:04:02 PM »

I have an iBook as well for a year now, and I refuse to give it up to buy a PC!  After spending the money on this iBook (and well worth it may I add), I don't want to pay money for a PC that catches viruses, crashes, and freezes every other day! 

monet

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 09:49:01 AM »
I do find that my macbook slows down ever so slightly now that I've left it on for a couple of weeks. I do close the lid so it goes to sleep but have not turned it off or rebooted. How often do people reboot their macs? Do you ever power it off completely?