Law School Discussion

The Official Mac Loyalty Thread

nukelaw

• Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
The Official Mac Loyalty Thread
« on: July 14, 2006, 11:08:23 AM »
Despite the warnings and naysayers, I'm using my iBook next year and only borrowing my wife's pc for exams.

Anyone else staying a diehard?

Re: The Official Mac Loyalty Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 11:50:45 AM »
I'm with you!  I have a perfectly good iBook and can't see spending the money to get a PC when I love Macs so much.  It sounds like my school will support the use of Macs for exams, but I'll be checking that out well before exam time to make sure I'm ok...

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 02:41:53 PM »
Of course.  My school doesn't use exam software, so there are no issues there.  I can't imagine using a PC when I'm not required to, let alone buying one.

Rockin' the 12" iBook all the way.

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 08:16:34 AM »
Do you all know of any good note taking programs for mac? I think OneNote is just for pc's.

skeeball

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 01:30:10 PM »
I have to join this thread because my SO is a diehard Mac fan and really pressuring me to get one.

So you guys have to tell me how/if they work in law school. I'm scared.

AZWildcat

• What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 02:07:12 PM »
I have to join this thread because my SO is a diehard Mac fan and really pressuring me to get one.

So you guys have to tell me how/if they work in law school. I'm scared.

Actually, as another poster mentioned, when Macs get around too many other PCs they explode into a fireball of chaos.

I'm a 2L with a Powerbook and MacBook Pro

monet

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 02:15:55 PM »
macbook! although i'm still trying to get the hang of it. i just hope the applecare service response is prompt if anything should happen. i will back up everything on an external HD still.

skeeball

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 04:48:16 PM »
Sorry, I'm just unfamiliar with Macs. My mom had one several years ago and it froze all the time. My mom's computer was the computer in the house I had avoid because I didn't know how to use it.

And then I went to college and worked in the business world with PCs exclusively. I'm starting to understand why Mac people think they're crap.

I think Macbooks are pretty. I'm just scared of machines that don't let me right click.

AZWildcat

• What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 05:58:51 PM »
Sorry, I'm just unfamiliar with Macs. My mom had one several years ago and it froze all the time. My mom's computer was the computer in the house I had avoid because I didn't know how to use it.

And then I went to college and worked in the business world with PCs exclusively. I'm starting to understand why Mac people think they're crap.

I think Macbooks are pretty. I'm just scared of machines that don't let me right click.

Buy a mouse

Or control+click.

monet

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 09:25:53 AM »
1 finger tap - left click
2 finger tap - right

on macbook