Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: "Things to Remember" list  (Read 2135 times)

Pattydream

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Things to Remember" list
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »
Most universities have an arrangement with a bank or credit union so that students can get free checking.  You might want to check on your school's website.

stephanie says...

• Sr. Citizen
  • puppy monster <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 11:05:22 PM »
um, so if you are moving by car, make sure you have easy access to a pillow, towel and some sheets in case you get in and just want to crash. also make sure to print out directions to grocery stores and other places you need to buy stuff in case your internet wont be up when you get there.

and i third paper statements. i hate paper statements.

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 12:13:14 AM »
tag (this is turning into my checklist  ;))

that makes two of us. i'm hoping that by the end of the week we can have an enumerated list. yes, i am a nerd :) however, i guarantee that without a list i will be sol :)

aerynn

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 12:52:31 AM »
Greengirl, some banks will give you a reduction on principle or interest on your student loans if you bank with your lender.  Bank of America has a deal going if they are your lender and your banking institution. 
Here's how it went for me for Fall 2006 admission:
168/3.67
In: Emory($$), UGA ($), W&M ($$), GW($)
Waitlisted:American(W), UVA (W)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn

supergirluw

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 03:12:54 AM »
tag.

this is quite useful.

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2006, 09:36:27 AM »
If you are moving a long distance with a pet you might want to consider having your pet sedated for the trip. It will ease their stress, keep them from barking/meowing and make for a generally easier move for all involved. Go to your vet's office and ask them about it. Our vet prescribed: 5 mg Acepromazine for our small dog. The prescription for enough tablets to last a four day trip was less than $10. It's perfectly safe for your pet and our dog had no adverse side effects.  He was not unconscious during the 2,000 mile trip but was very quiet and sleepy. Just be sure that the dog is in a calm state when you give him the pill otherwise it doesn't work.

aerynn

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2006, 11:27:02 AM »
Good tip!

Keep in mind that Ace is not good for some dog breeds, like Boxers and some sighthounds, especially wolfhounds.  Whippets, Italian Greyhounds and Greyhounds need only the smallest dose to be affected for hours.
Here's how it went for me for Fall 2006 admission:
168/3.67
In: Emory($$), UGA ($), W&M ($$), GW($)
Waitlisted:American(W), UVA (W)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn

stephanie says...

• Sr. Citizen
  • puppy monster <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2006, 12:08:45 PM »
we dope our doggie with that stuff on the 4th of july. sad puppy she becomes.

fainana

• Sr. Citizen
  • :)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2006, 02:06:37 PM »
Ah, sedation. Our vet wouldn't give us Acepromazine because he said it might give our cat a "paradoxical reaction" if he's too hyper. He said to use benadryl instead. Funny thing- my cat had a paradoxical reaction to the benadryl, and was practically crawling out of his skin the whole first half of the trip (an overnight flight, people were not happy) until it wore off, and then he was almost normal the whole rest of the way with no drugs. I suggest trying out whatever drugs the vet gives you (which I did do, but thought maybe the dose was too low) ahead of time, and make absolutely sure your animal is sedated by taking them for a car ride or some other stressful activity. You do NOT want this to happen to you!