LSAT (Law School Admissions Test) > LSAT horror stories

LSAT Horror Story

(1/5) > >>

GregRosenstein:
I spent 6 weeks eating, breathing, and sleeping the lsat.  I took 33 practice tests, one almost everyday.  This test became natural to me.  I got inside the testmakers heads.  I knew the answers to the questions even before reading the answer choices.  I was ready to score a 180.  I handled the stress quite well.  I was ready to go into the test and tear it apart. 

I tailored my sleeping schedule so that I fall asleep by 8pm and wake up at 5am everyday.  The night before the test I goto bed at 8, fall asleep by 9 and then wake up at 1am.  I layed in bed for the rest of the night trying to fall asleep, but couldn't.  By 4am I was ready to shoot myself.  I don't know if I have a sleeping disorder or what.  I got 4 hours of sleep that night and felt like *&^%.  My brain wasn't functioning and definitely was not ready to take this test.  I did every possible thing I could to prepare for this test. 

ON TEST DAY (today) I HAD EVERY POSSIBLE ADVANTAGE, EXCEPT A FUNCTIONING RESTED BRAIN.

I ended up not taking this February test and changing my test date to June.

God help me.

Andrew:
Wow - I never realized there were no LSATs offered between Feb and June.

It sounds like you just need to relax before the exam.  Maybe you should try to treat test day more like a normal day.  Watch a movie the night before to chill out.  I recommend Baraka for this (seriously - I watched it before some of my first year exams - it puts things in perspective).

If I recall correctly, the June LSAT starts a little later in the day than the others, so that should help too - you can have a more typical sleep schedule.

Finally, remember that all that work is not lost.  You're now ready for the LSAT four months ahead of time.  If you take a practice test every week you can keep up what you're already good at and build amazing consistancy.

GregRosenstein:
I did relax, I saw a movie the night before the test with my friends, and I took xanax to relieve the anxiety and to help me fall asleep at 9pm, but then I woke but at 1am and couldn't fall back asleep.

And I already took every practice test that was released so I'll have to take tests that I already took.

hookem law:
I played video games the night before my exam.  Worked for me.

kattiewitch:
Maybe you put too much pressure on yourself.  It sounds like you're a little intense about this.  Try not to think of this test as the end-all and be-all of the rest of your life.  It sounds like you're very prepared and well inevitably do well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version