Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What Do You Need To Go Complete? (A General Forum for Specifics.)  (Read 83265 times)

smith555

• View Profile
Re: What Do You Need To Go Complete? (A General Forum for Specifics.)
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2007, 12:31:14 AM »
I'm done the applications but I'm still waiting transcripts to arrive at LSAC. Do I apply now or wait?

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2007, 12:19:41 AM »
Is it okay to include a GPA addendum if the application says nothing about including one?

Yes.

Unless you're a pseudo hispanic from Texas.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2007, 11:32:40 AM »
question..

do i need an addendum for why i don't have an LOR from my current employer? i just graduated in august, and i've been working for less than 4 mths.

i was just going to add one, but then i realized i would have 3 addenda (one is for leave of absence due to an internship, one for why my weird-ass school's name changes depending on the type of document submitted).

p.s. i hate 'why us?' essays and i hope they die.  :'(

No. They understand.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2007, 04:12:32 PM »
question..

do i need an addendum for why i don't have an LOR from my current employer? i just graduated in august, and i've been working for less than 4 mths.

i was just going to add one, but then i realized i would have 3 addenda (one is for leave of absence due to an internship, one for why my weird-ass school's name changes depending on the type of document submitted).

p.s. i hate 'why us?' essays and i hope they die.  :'(

Seriously, chill the @#!* out.   :D

People stress out way too much.  They don't care about an LoR from your current employer.  Your other LoRs will be more than enough.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

lalalagirl007

• Sr. Citizen
  • fierceness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2007, 08:31:29 PM »
Dec '07 LSAT score, then I'll be complete!

Bananas, Melonas, Yeah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2007, 02:31:18 AM »
so I applied to a school and I submitted everything, etc. In the electronic apps section there is a date already listed under the 'Paper Copy' section. Does this mean that my application is complete? They don't require any extra stuff (dean's cert, etc.) so there's nothing left to turn in. Should I call and ask or just wait for some kind of e-mail?

The paper copy date is the date that the school received a physical copy of your report.  If everything is there, the individual school will let you know that you're complete via email.  You don't need to call or do anything.

rolen27

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 23, 2007, 04:57:34 PM »
I don't know much about the process so I just had a quick question:
What is the purpose of a resume? Wouldn't you just be repeating everything from your applications?

Bananas, Melonas, Yeah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2008, 02:22:05 PM »
are there any schools that you have to use their recommendation forms for? I intend on applying to Cornell and their application has a specific form, I wasn't sure if I could just send in a generic transcript off of LSDAS or not. What have others done?

Not sure about Cornell, but Stanford has their own specific form, which was not necessary.  Unless it's a school-specific letter, LSAC is fine.

FLgirl07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2008, 07:47:39 PM »
Did you guys get an email from GW about completion status?  I haven't received anything from them.

ilove

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2008, 04:36:36 AM »
I have a question. 

I am applying this fall for admission next year.  I would like to start working on my PS/diversity statements/optional essays etc etc. right now and I am wondering if the prompts change from year-to-year.  I am wondering if I can start writing them using the prompts currently available on each school's website.
I wouldn't want to have them written up and proofread to perfection only to find out that a school changed the format of these portions of admissions.

thanks in advance.