Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What Do You Need To Go Complete? (A General Forum for Specifics.)  (Read 82238 times)

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
Re: What Do You Need To Go Complete? (A General Forum for Specifics.)
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »
This baby's finally been updated, folks.  I hope this is in time for those of you who are wrapping up applications pre-Thanksgiving!
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

shitay

• Hi Mom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2006, 02:54:29 AM »
So I've been looking at the online apps for Northwestern and U Penn and they both have an additional Recommendation form to go along w/ your LOR.  Most schools say they don't require this if you are using the LSAC Rec Service but Northwestern and UPenn don't have such a note.  Anyone know anything about this? Think I can just apply w/o this "supplemental forms," turn in the LOR through the LSAC Service and still go complete? 

daydreamer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2006, 01:04:24 PM »
the list on the first page of diversity statements- not all of those are REQUIRED, right?

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2006, 03:25:09 PM »
Good point.  I thought I had this up there: as far as I know, diversity statements are never required, but often encouraged.

Bricker85

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2006, 03:03:53 PM »
Thanks for this informative thread!
LSAT: 163 (retaking in December)
GPA: 3.68

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2006, 03:24:54 PM »
I think you should add "lots and lots of time and patience" to the list.

I know that most people wouldn't spread the app process out over as long a period as I have, but it's taken an enormous amount of stress out of the process for me. I read so many posts about stressing out over the timing of recommendations, the processing of transcripts, etc--these are issues I've never had to worry about.

If you are a college junior or senior thinking about law school but planning on taking a year or so off...GET YOUR ACADEMIC RECOMMENDATIONS NOW!!! And then send your trascript in like March or April, when nobody else is applying.

Think long and hard about your LSAT prep and PS writing strategy. Is there anything you can do to limit the amount of stuff going on in your life while you prep for the LSAT? DO IT. It's amazing how quickly the weeks before the exam slip by. If you'll still be in school when it's time to take the fall LSAT, then start studying for it in like, JUNE. That would be a good time to start thinking about PS topics.

I know my numbers don't give me much street cred, but I've been on this board for a year and a half and seen damn near everything.

bandaidstick

« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2006, 10:23:58 AM »
I guess I'm not going to Stanford - I sent the Dean's form, but didn't ask each of my recommenders to send AN ADDITIONAL form just for Stanford. They won't request rec letters from LSDAS? Thats messed up imo. Oh well, they can do what they want and be selective I guess. Good luck all!

WeeSqueak

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2006, 01:52:23 PM »
Cornell also has a little Why Cornell question embedded in the application itself.  You get about 3 lines to answer.

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2006, 04:38:54 PM »
Good point.  We're looking for essays, though.  I might make an "application" section that deals with these little details at some point, but not just yet.  I need more oddities from other applications.

Pugnacious

• Sr. Citizen
  • C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2006, 01:45:49 PM »
I guess I'm not going to Stanford - I sent the Dean's form, but didn't ask each of my recommenders to send AN ADDITIONAL form just for Stanford. They won't request rec letters from LSDAS? Thats messed up imo. Oh well, they can do what they want and be selective I guess. Good luck all!

They'll take your LOR from LSDAS, they just "prefer" their own form, that's all.
My cycle is officially over. Boalt Law 2010!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pugattack