Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: It's the MYERS BRIGG Thread  (Read 8044 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: It's the MYERS BRIGG Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2006, 10:13:16 AM »
ISTJ's represent!!  :D

ENTP all by my lonesome.  I guess there can only be one Chairman Young   8)

HA  thank goodness for small favors!  :P
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

faith2005

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2006, 10:18:52 AM »
i knew most of y'all were introverts but wow...this is pretty amazing. i wonder if its like that for the whole of lawyer-dom. lol

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2006, 10:21:48 AM »
Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences % 
44 25 50 44

INFJ type description by D.Keirsey
INFJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
moderately expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed judging personality

Who's your Daddy now?

faith2005

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2006, 10:26:33 AM »
aw annabel, you're my opposite on the intorvert/extrovert thing. i feel like most people are intuitive as well, but i don't fully know what that means. I don't get it though b/c dont' all of them say that they're rare--isn't it just probability that splitting the population into a whole bunch of different groups means that there won't be that many in each one. my group says its like 5%.

Einstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2006, 10:31:43 AM »
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
56 38 62 56

Yea baby! The doctor/engineer/lawyer type...I have tried the first two.. now time for the third.  ;D
Practice LSAT: 147(d), 150, 151,143,152, 156,161,163,161,160,157,163,158,162

University of San Diego School of Law!

M DOT

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2006, 10:40:12 AM »
i see it now......."Introvert v. Extrovert Board Series, Coming to a Thread Near YOU!!"

faith2005

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2006, 11:01:51 AM »
lol--this is funny. i really think i'm in between b/c both enfp and enfj describe some things about me. ah well. i guess i need some organization in my life.

Most ENFPs will say they are organized, but others might not see them that way. Their desire to be open to the moment tends to outweigh their need to be organized. Usually ENFP work space is arranged haphazardly, with work materials and personal momentos scattered about. In terms of the management of time, ENFPs find it particularly difficult to estimate accurately how long an activity will take. Because people's needs are more important than schedules, ENFPs are often late and characteristically full of apologies for their tardiness.

ENFJ children want life to be friendly, harmonious, and lively. They are responsible children because they like to please others and meet their needs. In doing for others, they usually find satisfaction for themselves. They are upset by conflict or disharmony. They are pleasant, exuberant and talkative.

ENFJ teenagers are constantly on the go, participating in many, many things. They enjoy a wide variety of activities, not only for that variety but also for the action and opportunity to be with others. They love being involved with friends, clubs, and any activities that let them be with others. ENFJs are often voted most congenial or nicest person in their class. Additionally, they may serve as leaders in their school activities. As students, they are able to focus on the interpersonal spirit or nature of the school and to speak eloquently to others about the school's best values. ENFJs are likable because they notice what is good about people.

As young adults, ENFJs set goals early on, both in the personal and professional realms. They follow through diligently and usually attain what they seek. Often the goals they set have to do with making society a better place for people. ENFJs may sometimes feel pulled between financial gain and spiritual gain.

PaddyWack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2006, 11:09:59 AM »
  INTJ
Introverted   Intuitive   Thinking   Judging
28   75   50   1

I'm borderline between INTJ and INTP.  I've scored both at various points in my life.  Some things that characterize me from both descriptions are:

INTP:

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.

Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions. This is simultaneously strange and reasonable since I seem to fit both of these typologies, and I am frequently in conflict with myself.

INTJ

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set.

Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead.In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression.

Essetentially, I'm (simultaneously) alternately insecure and self-confident, lazy and a perfectionist, and introspective and ruthlessly self-analytic far beyond the point of a flaw.

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2006, 11:43:23 AM »
Your Type is
INFJ

Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
     22         38      25      56

slightly expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

Wow, CN. Looks like we have A LOT in common  :D

aw annabel, you're my opposite on the intorvert/extrovert thing. i feel like most people are intuitive as well, but i don't fully know what that means. I don't get it though b/c dont' all of them say that they're rare--isn't it just probability that splitting the population into a whole bunch of different groups means that there won't be that many in each one. my group says its like 5%.

Haha! It's OK. I'm definitely an introvert by nature, but I know how to have a good time!

Well, not really...
Who's your Daddy now?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2006, 12:13:13 PM »
Your Type is
ENTJ
Extroverted 44%
Intuitive 62%
Thinking 19%
Judging 28%

You are:
moderately expressed extrovert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

hey we have the same! ;D
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston