Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

well? (this includes pets still alive)

I couldn't keep a family pet past 12 years old.
 1 (4.8%)
12-14....they lived long enough.
 4 (19%)
15-17...not to bad...
 10 (47.6%)
18-20....yeah, I had some long-lived pets.
 2 (9.5%)
21+ I had a cat/dog that wouldn't die.
 4 (19%)
25+ I had a pet that was or maybe immortal.
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: How old was your oldest cat or dog?  (Read 441 times)

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
Re: How old was your oldest cat or dog?
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 04:09:18 PM »
The cat I had all through growing up lived to be 18. I hope the cats I have now live that long.

It's been nine years and I still haven't gotten over it.

That's ok...a feral cat had kittens in my yard and two of them were killed by a raccoon. It was horrible, and I still cry every time I think about it.  :(
That is sad.
If the cat/kittens are still around you can trap 'em and fix 'em. A lot of rescues have vouchers so you can do it real cheap/free.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

-0-

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 04:19:26 PM »
My first yorkshire terrier lived til it was 16.  We got it when I was 2, and when my sister took care of it while my parents were on vacation, she left her college apartment door open and the dog got run over.  What a terrible end to a great run. 

We got 9 week old puppy a month later who died in two weeks due to suffocation.  Her trachea was too small to cough up the phlegm she produced from an infection.

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 04:21:53 PM »
That is sad.
If the cat/kittens are still around you can trap 'em and fix 'em. A lot of rescues have vouchers so you can do it real cheap/free.

We got the mother spayed (haha but not at a cheap place, it cost over $200 for the operation and an exam and everything) but we couldn't take the chance of leaving the two surviving kittens with her in the yard because of the raccoons and they were only 4 weeks old..so I brought them to a no-kill animal shelter that has a special division for puppies and kittens that are real young, with trained volunteers and vets to care for them, and then they were adopted.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 04:23:59 PM »
That is sad.

We got the mother spayed (haha but not at a cheap place, it cost over $200 for the operation and an exam and everything) but we couldn't take the chance of leaving the two surviving kittens with her in the yard because of the raccoons and they were only 4 weeks old..so I brought them to a no-kill animal shelter that has a special division for puppies and kittens that are real young, with trained volunteers and vets to care for them, and then they were adopted.

That's a nice happy story  :)
A lot of people ignore ferals but fixing one goes a long way to curbing a big problem.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 04:29:06 PM »
My mom has a young, 1-2 year old Tabby named buddy. Maybe there will be a Buddy in 2025, perhaps after my step-dad thinks he is going to die.

revelareveritas

• Sr. Citizen
  • Something strange is afoot at the Circle K...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 06:55:42 PM »
I had a miniature dachshund that finally bit it at 21 and I have a cat that's currently 17 and lives in the garage....
"It's not whether Iran likes carrots," he said. "Iran likes carrots. Iran demands carrots! If there is to be a solution in Iran, carrots must be part of the solution! We don't expect others to cook carrots for us then present them and then tell us, 'Eat them or else.' We can cook our own carrots!"