Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: U. Maryland evening program or SUNY-Buffalo full time??  (Read 1182 times)

Black Jesus

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: U. Maryland evening program or SUNY-Buffalo full time??
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 07:07:48 PM »
I definitely agree.  Had they offered me a slot in the full time program, it would not even be an issue.  I am just apprehensive about doing an evening program.  I called them and they very graciously gave me until Monday. 

I have greatly appreciated everyone's input.....

What did you decide?

survivor07

• Sr. Citizen
  • Phoenix is Freelancer is Syd
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 09:20:38 PM »
Well, now I am anxious to know what you have decided.

So, what have you decided?  I hope you made a decision that you are comfortable with.  I'm in Maryland, so I know first hand that you will have NO problem finding a job and it has a good rep. 
-"Outstanding people have one thing in common: and absoulte sense of mission."

-"Patience, Persistence, and perspiration make an ubeatable combination for success."

-"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

help101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 10:28:00 PM »
How much is the difference in tuition??

bamboomw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 02:06:21 PM »
I decided to attend SUNY-Buffalo.  Maryland would have been great, but the out of state tuition is almost twice as much as the in-state tuition at Buffalo.  the price difference, studying full-time v.s. part time, and the fact that I really like the programs at Buffalo sealed the deal.  I also haven't ruled out the possibility of transferring to a different school next year.   

yiplong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 02:08:09 PM »
I think the difference in tuition would be 15k to 20k, which is not bad, considering the OP is jumping about 40 spots in ranking.  But, if the OP wants to come back and practice in NY (upstate) then he should probably go to UB, otherwise, Maryland would open significantly more doors, even for NYC jobs, although NYC jobs would be quite hard to comeby from either school./