Law School Discussion

1L classes - Same order or mixed?

1L classes - Same order or mixed?
« on: July 11, 2006, 09:53:42 PM »
I am trying to figure this out... are the 1L classes in the same order for different sections (i.e. semester 1 you have Contracts [A] and ) or do some schools mix up the classes per section per semester?

@#$%, Fire, and Damnation.

• We're a team.
    • View Profile
Re: 1L classes - Same order or mixed?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 09:58:06 PM »
That's confusingly put.

I think you're asking if all sections will parallel each other.  At my school, yes.  We were split up by color and assigned to specific section for each course.  We had the same classmates in each class and each course occurred at the same hour.  For example, torts A, B, and C all were at 9 AM and contracts A, B, and C were all at 11 AM, etc.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 10:00:03 PM »
Split up by color, huh?  Hmmm...

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 10:02:41 PM »
Sorry that stupid thing... I meant section A and section B, but it took my B as being bold HTML code.

Anyways...heres what I am getting at. I dont yet know if Im section A or B... so do I have any way of knowing what my first semester classes will be? Or does it utterly depend on which section I am at?

*edit* in response to the first response, that is what I am asking. So apparently every 1L has the same classes the first semester just with dif. classmates. Is this standard at all schools?

• We're a team.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 10:13:41 PM »
You'll have whatever first semester classes you have.  Most likely everyone will have the same classes throughout first year.  I had the same classmates in every class all through first year.  I think that's the norm.  It sucked.  You get pretty sick of seeing the same faces everyday in every class all year long.  Hopefully for your sake your school mixes things up.

• We're a team.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 10:18:51 PM »
Split up by color, huh?  Hmmm...

There's a narrow chance we're at the same school, if that's what you're suggesting.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 12:31:24 AM »
My school happens to rotate classes (i.e. some classes are cut to one semester, so one section might have contracts 1st semester, and the other section would have it second semester).