Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The LGBTQ Thread  (Read 155789 times)

dml

• View Profile
Re: The LGBTQ Thread
« Reply #1030 on: May 07, 2009, 03:23:32 AM »
of course the one i need info on (fordham) isn't on there. i mean, it's in nyc and i'm not going to be living on campus etc., so there's probably not much to worry about professionally, and they have openly gay faculty and an lgbt law student org. although, if anybody has any experience to share, i'd love to hear it.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 07, 2009, 11:58:58 PM »
if they have openly gay faculty and an lgbt group, you'll be fine. It's not like it's in the middle of the south, or even out in the styx of middle america.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

dml

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 08, 2009, 12:08:14 AM »
you're right, sheltron, and i knew all that stuff... i just got nervous when i realized what i was setting myself up as a part of.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 08, 2009, 12:23:17 AM »
I know what you mean. Notre Dame kept sending me stuff and I kept thinking... you don't really want me there... but nice try!
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

vthokie21

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 06, 2009, 09:07:45 PM »
I'm an URM lesbian with a 2.65. Out of school for 4 years. Took the LSAT last month and waiting for my score. Any advice for LGBT-friendly regions in regards to lower T1 or T2/T3 schools?

JDGuy86

• View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: December 30, 2009, 11:09:45 PM »
What are some LGBT friendly lower tier schools.. specifically for someone with a 149? Also, prefer part time. I've been going to undergrad in mississippi studying human rights.. I can't do the south for 3-4 more years.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 12, 2010, 10:59:46 AM »
What are some LGBT friendly lower tier schools.. specifically for someone with a 149? Also, prefer part time. I've been going to undergrad in mississippi studying human rights.. I can't do the south for 3-4 more years.

Any big city in the Northeast or Northwest. Maybe Northeastern or Lewis and Clark or someplace like that.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 12, 2010, 09:14:21 PM »

Any big city in the Northeast or Northwest. Maybe Northeastern or Lewis and Clark or someplace like that.

not l&c with a 149
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

JDGuy86

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 04, 2010, 10:35:27 AM »
I just wanted to update & say that I'm going to Cooley- Ann Arbor. I know, I know.. Cooley.. lol. But it works for me & its an option for most people. Good luck!

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1039 on: October 08, 2010, 06:19:33 PM »
Good luck I am sure Cooley is not that bad, but I imagine Lansing, Michigan would not be the most LGBT friendly place in the world.  I have never been to Michigan though so maybe it is.  With your numbers you might be able to into Golden Gate, which is in San Francisco. I do not think there is a more LGBT friendly place in the world. I would say about 40% of my class is gay and there a million organizations at school for it. There are also a lot of firms that do LGBT work that recruit from my school if your into that it is a good place to be.   Well just something to consider if you are a LGBT law student good luck whatever you decide.