Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The LGBTQ Thread  (Read 152141 times)

kates

• View Profile
Re: LGBT Thread for Fall 2007 Cycle
« Reply #430 on: April 20, 2007, 10:56:13 PM »
btw- hope you dont catch this spirit on UNcollegiailty [yup i can make up words] that seems to be spreading throughout the DC gays.

Blargh! We just got tired of talking about Michigan and REVOLTED! Vive la revolution!!  ;D

(PS, I kid too!)

kates

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 21, 2007, 12:01:27 AM »

dcforlife

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 21, 2007, 12:09:10 AM »
I blame the Internet for forever associating the sight of kittens with this tagline. How many kittens has this flirtatious thread killed already? ;)

Can I gay up the total at GW? I aim to please.

drujoe

• GW Law 2010!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 21, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »
damn you, dc gays! you just keep on showing up!

We're like rabbits... cute and multiplying rapidly.

drujoe

• GW Law 2010!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 21, 2007, 03:02:30 PM »
Because we're so hot we are attractive mating partners and thus are favored by natural selection.

uhmmmmm you're all gay , I dont think that argument holds ;)

Details...

'tiki

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #435 on: April 22, 2007, 11:15:21 AM »
Yay!  ;D

Bakc home they're debating civil unions but the chair of the judiciary in the senate is an a**hole and it doesnt seem likely to pass right now.  :-[

bridget

• Sr. Citizen
  • crepes=delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 23, 2007, 07:55:38 PM »
In the vein of recent queer news, this is related.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/18/national/main2699800.shtml

The follow up:  I read somewhere that he was offered time on a radio show in exchange for not protesting and he took it, but I can't find confirmation of that.

[/PSA]
Teach For America*Chicago

'tiki

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #437 on: April 23, 2007, 10:02:34 PM »
Yay!  ;D

Bakc home they're debating civil unions but the chair of the judiciary in the senate is an a**hole and it doesnt seem likely to pass right now.  :-[

'Tiki- where is 'back home'?

Bridget- I stopped paying attention to phelps long ago. The guy is just %$*&ing nuts.  He makes Jerry Falwell look like Nancy Pelosi.

Back home is PR. Sad news, the major newspaper surveyed and 82% of people oppose civil unions, 59% support a constitutional marriage ban.  :'(

'tiki

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #438 on: April 23, 2007, 10:09:50 PM »
Yay!  ;D

'Tiki- where is 'back home'?

Bridget- I stopped paying attention to phelps long ago. The guy is just %$*&ing nuts.  He makes Jerry Falwell look like Nancy Pelosi.

Back home is PR. Sad news, the major newspaper surveyed and 82% of people oppose civil unions, 59% support a constitutional marriage ban.  :'(

Time will change things--as will a ridiculously talented group of LGBT lawyers.  dont fret.

At least the northeast is becoming gay mecca, Mass has marriage, NY is considering marriage (Spitzer is introducing it), NH is about to approve civil unions, VT, NJ and CT already have civil unions, and CT is considering approving marriage as well.

dcforlife

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 23, 2007, 10:12:33 PM »
Yay!  ;D

My home too (Rhode Island) is in a similar situation. The legislature just can't get the bills past the speaker. In the meantime, we're kind of there -- you can get married in Mass and have it recognized in RI. No other state can do that. It sometimes feels like that means more progress and sometimes feels like less progress than civil union states. Most of the time, less progress, since RI hasn't really done anything... we're just one of the states with gender-neutral terms codified in old laws.