Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The LGBTQ Thread  (Read 153640 times)

'tiki

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: LGBT Thread for Fall 2007 Cycle
« Reply #340 on: April 02, 2007, 04:46:14 PM »
Anyone going to Penn on April 5th, or is everybody bolting for Michigan?

Not going to Penn's Preview because I went to their ASW but I have Penn above Michigan right now.

WTF---The michigan crew is dropping like flies... :(!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really I was never sure.

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 02, 2007, 05:35:04 PM »
*whispers Georgetown's praises into Ersatz's ear*

Still waiting for Georgetown's financial aid letter! I haven't been able to find time to visit there yet, but I'm really hoping to do so sometime in the next few weeks.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 02, 2007, 06:17:42 PM »
Anyone going to Penn on April 5th, or is everybody bolting for Michigan?

Not going to Penn's Preview because I went to their ASW but I have Penn above Michigan right now.

WTF---The michigan crew is dropping like flies... :(!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you pretty much decided on Michigan, bouzie?
SLS '10 and now working.  PM me if you want to get in touch!

dcforlife

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 02, 2007, 10:26:37 PM »

kates

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 03, 2007, 02:22:06 PM »
Michigan Michigan Michigan. Bla bla bla. Here's a salient observation I found on XOXO about American WCL:

"WCL is full of feminazi hippie anti-American terrorist types. BOMB WCL!!!"

I LOVE IT! I'm there for sure now! Who's with me?!?!  ;D

kates

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 03, 2007, 03:58:52 PM »
 ;D TITCR

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 03, 2007, 07:42:56 PM »
Hey guys, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question or not, or if it has already been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know if being gay actually boosts chances of admission? Like a gay affirmative action? I'm gay and black, and I know being black will help with admissions, but I wonder how mentioning that I'm gay might go over with the adcomms. Would it be a positive (Wow! Two minorities in one!)? Or would it be a negative (Great, the last thing we need in this school is another godless homosexual)? How has it played out with you guys?

Again, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

Hey, I'm both Black and gay and I think it helps a lot, but only depending on what schools we're talking about.  I wrote my PS about growing up and dealing with Black homophobia and I think it was pretty good (PM me if you're interested in reading).  There are some schools where I think it's a big positive (Michigan, some blacks with numbers better than mine got rejected while I was waitlisted) and some where I think it negatively affects your chances (GULC and Virginia, some blacks with numbers almost identical to mine got accepted and I got waitlisted at both).

Here's a good link for you: http://www.lsac.org/LSAC.asp?url=lsac/information-gay-lesbian-bisexual-applicants.asp

If you go down to where it says "Selecting Law Schools", it actually has a survey that all the law schools answered and one of the questions was if being gay was a positive factor in admissions.  Pay close attention the responses.  If you are thinking about coming out in your apps and are worried about negative or positives effects, check out that survey.  If you have any other questions, PM me.
Michigan 2L

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 03, 2007, 07:45:25 PM »
I really need to start posting on this thread.  You guys seem so cool.

I had no idea that Michigan was going to be so gay next year.  They REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYY need to accept me off the waitlist.  I wanna join in on the fun.
Michigan 2L

S.A.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 03, 2007, 07:55:04 PM »
Well, our goal is to take over Michigan, so... we would always love more help! :P

rugercaptain

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shirley, Probie, & Sarah--gone to Rainbow Bridge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 03, 2007, 11:20:20 PM »
Well, our goal is to take over Michigan, so... we would always love more help! :P

I'm about as queer as the day is long, and I applied to Michigan, but my numbers suck so I don't think I'll be of any help (unless U of M law wants a lesbian ex-firefighter wannabe lawyer).  
Cleveland-Marshall 3L.