Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The LGBTQ Thread  (Read 152226 times)

degrassi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: LGBT Thread for Fall 2007 Cycle
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2006, 02:13:22 PM »
Wow, the Hofstra and Oregon LGBT materials must have been well-hidden because my mother didn't mention them! (I am not at home and she opens my LS mail)
HLS '10

LSN

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2006, 10:19:06 PM »
Interesting...I just got the University of Oregon information, and it's pretty obvious.  It includes a letter from the Outlaws, a bright rainbow LGBT resource guide and a gay-themed CRS cover letter.  Also, no waiver.   :-\
SLS '10 and now working.  PM me if you want to get in touch!

degrassi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2006, 11:01:25 AM »
Interesting...I just got the University of Oregon information, and it's pretty obvious.  It includes a letter from the Outlaws, a bright rainbow LGBT resource guide and a gay-themed CRS cover letter.  Also, no waiver.   :-\

Wow, maybe my mom just didn't open that one? I told her I didn't want it... close call.
HLS '10

LSN

apollok

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2006, 09:24:12 PM »
For those of you that came out in your application, how did you do it? I mean, I mentioned it in my one-page diversity statement, but it was by no means the central theme in that essay, but rather, one of a number of other factors, e.g., my ethnicity. I'm wondering if perhaps I was a bit too discrete and they didn't catch it, since I haven't received a single LGBT-targeted mailing. Thanks!

Bouzie1982

« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2006, 09:29:08 PM »
Mike, My guess is that you have a waiver if for some reason I have a waiver...and you are just so much cooler than I...oh yah and your numbers are MUCh better ;)

Bouzie1982

« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2006, 09:31:20 PM »
apoll....did you select that you are LGBT on the LSAT site when you registered.  The mailings would come from that not your personal statement.  Oh as far as pers...I wrote about Goodrich achieving a sociopolitical goal through law, and how it sparked an interest in social policy law...it makes more sense in context---I HOPE

apollok

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2006, 09:40:34 PM »
yes, i did...but so far, all i've been receiving are invitations to apply but, alas, no LGBT materials! and I did come out in my application, so i'm a bit confused...I submitted them very early in October and all were complete by November.

Bouzie1982

« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2006, 10:08:16 PM »
Apoll...weird nothing from oregon or hofstra?  I wouldnt know anything about T14 recruiting since my sept lsat....well I've blocked that out of my memory ;) 

It appears from LSN that those who comes out in their pers statements get admitted to schools that they are perhaps questionable for.  I put it in my statement anyway because its a big part of who I am and why I want to study law; just thought the LSN correlation was interesting.

apollok

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2006, 10:21:33 PM »
how were you able to search sexual orientation on LSN?!?

Bouzie1982

« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2006, 11:39:13 PM »
Gaydar

...and by reading peoples profile boxes....im OBSESSED with law school admissions right now.