Law School Discussion

The LGBTQ Thread

Bouzie

• yummy
    • View Profile
    • Buy This
Re: The LGBTQ Thread
« Reply #650 on: November 08, 2007, 06:48:39 PM »
Since this thread is alive again, I have to ask, has anyone ever heard of instances where someone was admitted to a reach school or even given a scholarship somewhere, and the reason/best guess for these things happening was that the applicant was gay?

I've heard of help, but nothing that remarkable.

I'm interested to see if I'll get into Catholic schools that should be safeties (Notre Dame, Georgetown) with my uber-gay application.

You'll be fine at Georgetown.  My PS had lots of 'gay stuff' in it and I got in with a pretty big scholarship. Oh, and if georgetown is a safety, why the hell are you applying to Notre Dame?  Northern Indiana is not too exciting... ;)

I guess you were right, I got my acceptance letter today.  Even though the status check still lists my app as "complete."

Congrats! 2 for 2!  ---- but don't go to those places ;)

Roy Lichtenstein

• I Can See the Whole Room . . . , 1961
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 09, 2007, 07:43:07 AM »
Congrats, M!

Matthew

• Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 09, 2007, 09:27:20 AM »
Thanks guys!  ;D

Untypical Girl

• sweet dreams are made of this ...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #653 on: November 10, 2007, 07:52:44 AM »
Just started to read this thread - in the process of filling out my app's.

Love to the brothers and all, but ... Any other lesbians on this board?

Roy Lichtenstein

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 10, 2007, 08:10:43 AM »

Welcome, Untypical (or should we call you Annie?)!  Good luck with your apps.  I think you are the first lesbian that's posted on this thread in a while, haha.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 10, 2007, 08:40:50 AM »

Welcome, Untypical.  Lichtenstein is correct that the other ladies and I have pretty much abandoned this thread, but we're out there.  Let me know if you have any lesbo-specific questions. :)

Roy Lichtenstein

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 10, 2007, 10:48:17 AM »

my roomate and her girlfriend are lesbians... maybe that counts?

I know a lesbian.  Does that count as well?

Untypical Girl

• sweet dreams are made of this ...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #657 on: November 11, 2007, 01:49:55 PM »
Thanks for the welcoming comments - I read through a bunch of earlier posts and some of my questions were answered. Although it seems to me that more schools are now recruiting for diversity than in the past. I'm hoping that will play to my strengths as I have multiple non-trad factors. Older, LGBT activist, musician, with great work & life experience. I'd be curious to know if there are activist/outlaw types here, and what your LS experience has been like, both intellectually and socially.

I'm only applying to schools that identify as gay-friendly and offer at least one or two courses in gender/sexual identity issues. Will re-take LSAT in Dec, as I panicked in Sept and totally bombed the games section after months of study and practice tests. Will most likely go into public interest, so rankings don't matter much to me.

Matthew

• Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 22, 2007, 10:22:21 AM »
So, this thread seems a bit quiet lately, so I thought I'd stop in and see how people are doing with their cycles.

I've gotten acceptances from Duke, Georgetown, and W&M (which offered a graduate fellowship).  My Vanderbilt status checker says my decision was mailed Tuesday and my Michigan status checker updated to decision today, so I'm really nervous about that.  I'm kind of wondering if I should call UCLA or NYU as I applied to them both 5-6 weeks ago and NYU said they had received it, but I've gotten no complete email, and UCLA never even sent me anything acknowledging my application, although my report was sent to them.

How is everyone else's cycle going?

armada

• I have people to go and places to see!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 23, 2007, 07:43:05 AM »

How is everyone else's cycle going?

Maybe if I'd get my act together and apply, I would be able to answer this question.  Seriously, I think I'm so afraid of getting rejected to schools I really wanna go to that I can't get up the nerve to apply (stupid, I know).  Plus I'm probably retaking.

Anyway, hello to everyone on this board.  Congratulations on the acceptances.