• I Can See the Whole Room . . . , 1961
    • View Profile
Re: The LGBTQ Thread
« Reply #560 on: July 31, 2007, 02:10:24 PM »
Well best of luck to you!

Thanks -- I need it!

« Reply #561 on: August 02, 2007, 12:06:56 AM »
ahh do you go to UH??   I ask bc three of my former students randomly go there.

No, I go to one of the private universities.

sorry, I dont know why I assumed that there was only one school in the state of hawaii

No problem, it's one of the less crazy assumptions I've heard about Hawaii.  Some people are shocked that we have paved roads and are part of the United States.

Try being from Guam ;)

Matthew

• Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 02, 2007, 12:57:26 AM »

sorry, I dont know why I assumed that there was only one school in the state of hawaii

No problem, it's one of the less crazy assumptions I've heard about Hawaii.  Some people are shocked that we have paved roads and are part of the United States.

Try being from Guam ;)

Hafa adai ;)

I spent a couple of years in Guam as well.  People get REALLY confused about that island.

« Reply #563 on: August 02, 2007, 03:14:05 AM »

Try being from Guam ;)

Hafa adai ;)

I spent a couple of years in Guam as well.  People get REALLY confused about that island.

Hafa adai!!  But yeah, tell me about it.  My favorite question: "Wow, your English is so good!"  lol

« Reply #564 on: August 02, 2007, 09:48:27 AM »
No way! One of my best friends is from Guam. In fact, the other day these fools tried to convince me that they had grown up there for some reason, and I totally bought it for a while, but then I started to get wise and asked them what the capital was, and they were all "..." and I was like "Hagatna, bitches! Get the hell outta my house!"

S.A.

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 03, 2007, 11:18:58 PM »
It's ok... no one expected you to live up to the enthusiasm of the GayAA crew :P

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 06, 2007, 09:40:15 AM »
And poor little old me, stuck all alone in Ithaca  >:(

« Reply #567 on: August 10, 2007, 07:40:44 PM »
I don't suppose anyone would be willing to read my diversity statement and give me feedback? Did you guys write one for schools? Thanks!

S.A.

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 10, 2007, 08:38:14 PM »
Wow am I that tired or did you have a post here Bouzie but then just deleted it? Either way the fact that we are both posting on a Friday night is just another indication of the fact that we need to get our asses to AA ASAP

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 12, 2007, 09:16:39 AM »
I'm definitely game for a weekend DC trip