Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The LGBTQ Thread  (Read 152014 times)

Bouzie1982

Re: LGBT Thread for Fall 2007 Cycle
« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2006, 01:12:23 PM »
No no, you should recognize him.  Please go rent Lauberge Espagnole.  Its the best movie EVER.
On this point we shall have to firmly disagree. Not even the presence of Audrey Tautou could make that movie "the best." A notch above average, maybe; but I'd have to stop there.
...we better not end up at the same place because thems fightin' words!
I truly hope we don't end up in the same place since I'm scheduled to graduate in May.

aH GOOD,  then I can put away my boxing gloves :)

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2006, 01:15:26 PM »
No no, you should recognize him.  Please go rent Lauberge Espagnole.  Its the best movie EVER.
On this point we shall have to firmly disagree. Not even the presence of Audrey Tautou could make that movie "the best." A notch above average, maybe; but I'd have to stop there.
...we better not end up at the same place because thems fightin' words!
I truly hope we don't end up in the same place since I'm scheduled to graduate in May.

aH GOOD,  then I can put away my boxing gloves :)
Don't worry, it saves you the embarassment of being beaten by a girl.  :-*

darrow

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2006, 02:00:55 AM »

I signed up for it on Netflix. After all it is listed (on Netflix) as recommended to me based on two of my favorites, Antonia's Line and Y Tu Mama Tambien. For anyone who has not seen Antonia's Line, please take a look see.

wtwall, why not make it a point to pick a place where you will be very comfortable instead of semi-comfortable? Being who you are and being able to be comfortable with yourself, and your friends (if they are gay), will only serve to help you in your study of the law. Perhaps checking the queer box on the app is a good idea so that you can get some of the mailings from the organizations at the schools. If you aren't ready to check the form, you may want to contact (phone or email) some of the LGBT organizations at the schools and get feedback from some of the students. I wish you the best in your process of coming out.

Tact is the act of making a point without making an enemy. ~ Clarence Darrow

Do not bind the children within the narrow circles of your own lives. ~ Charles Houston

wtwall

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 31, 2006, 10:36:57 PM »
I checked the box. :)

Mostly, I was posting just to ask what everybody knew regarding the gay-friendliness of the schools ranked in the range I mentioned in the midwest (30-90 or so), as well as the gay-friendliness of the cities too.  I'm still planning on visiting alot of the schools I get into and I'm not gonna pick a school based solely on how gay-friendly they are, but like you said...I want to go somewhere where I'll be comfortable.

Thanks for all the feedback thus far, all.

Bouzie1982

« Reply #174 on: December 31, 2006, 11:14:07 PM »

Mostly, I was posting just to ask what everybody knew regarding the gay-friendliness of the schools ranked in the range I mentioned in the midwest (30-90 or so), as well as the gay-friendliness of the cities too.  I'm still planning on visiting alot of the schools I get into and I'm not gonna pick a school based solely on how gay-friendly they are, but like you said...I want to go somewhere where I'll be comfortable.

If you get a chance it would be great if you could post your feelings about the lgbt climate at the school/in the city after you visit to give the rest of us an idea :)

At the end of February I believe Im visiting Bloomington, Minneapolis, Nashville, and St. Louis for law school visits...Im apparently destined for the midwest!!!

wtwall

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 01, 2007, 04:29:46 AM »

If you get a chance it would be great if you could post your feelings about the lgbt climate at the school/in the city after you visit to give the rest of us an idea :)

At the end of February I believe Im visiting Bloomington, Minneapolis, Nashville, and St. Louis for law school visits...Im apparently destined for the midwest!!!

The midwest isn't too bad...although I wouldn't recommend a rural area (I've been a therapist in one for the past two years after college and I've stayed closeted with good cause).  I've got my eye on Bloomington, but they've yet to give me a nod.  Hopefully by February I'll have somethings fleshed out...right now I'll end up visiting Cinci and SLU.  I like the St. Louis area overall, though...so there top contender right now.

wtwall

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 01, 2007, 05:29:53 PM »
No love for Ann Arbor, the gayest city on earth?

:'(

I would KILL to go to U-Mich.  Unfortunetly, I wouldn't really classify it as a "super-reach" school; instead, it's more of a "yeah, right...umm, we're really not interested in taking someone with your subpar LSAT score...and you went WHERE for undergrad?" school.

I still applied there, but in case my sarcasm was too mild, I'm less than optimistic. :)

Bouzie1982

« Reply #177 on: January 01, 2007, 06:13:57 PM »
No love for Ann Arbor, the gayest city on earth?

:'(

I would KILL to go to U-Mich.  Unfortunetly, I wouldn't really classify it as a "super-reach" school; instead, it's more of a "yeah, right...umm, we're really not interested in taking someone with your subpar LSAT score...and you went WHERE for undergrad?" school.

I still applied there, but in case my sarcasm was too mild, I'm less than optimistic. :)

Im with you WT

Bouzie1982

« Reply #178 on: January 01, 2007, 07:30:45 PM »
Exactly...  I figure I owe it to myself to give it a shot.  I love everything about UM and its worth it to me to spend the 70 bucks for them to say no thanks just so I know that some sort of strange admissions miracle wasn't going to happen IF ONLY I HAD APPLIED.

Meanwhile, February LSAT, here I come....

Bouzie1982

« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2007, 11:15:25 AM »
Is February the new one?

Theyre changing the reading comp format a bit in June.  I havent looked into it too much since this february test is going to max me out for the next 5 years.  Wow, I'm so so so so pathetic.