;

Author Topic: JD/MBA  (Read 6122 times)

Barry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
JD/MBA
« on: August 17, 2004, 11:26:38 AM »
Does anyone know anything about JD/MBA programs. What are the pros and cons compared to just a JD program?

Anyone have any info about starting salaries?

Is it better to go to NYU JD or Fordham JD/MBA?

Any other info?
Thanx
Barry

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: JD/MBA
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 11:53:21 AM »
Does anyone know anything about JD/MBA programs. What are the pros and cons compared to just a JD program?

Anyone have any info about starting salaries?

Is it better to go to NYU JD or Fordham JD/MBA?

Any other info?
Thanx
Barry

what do you want to be?  a lawyer or a businessman?
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 12:09:06 PM »
NYU JD

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 12:23:30 PM »
Most applications ask if you are applying to another part of the school for a joint MBA or whatever program.  Lets say, currently I am not applying for any additional program...but in the future I may.  Should i just check no?

Do you think there's an advantage/disadvantage in admissions to applying to more then one faculty at a school?

Barry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 03:11:56 PM »
DOES APPLYING FOR JD/MBA (IE INDICATING ON THE APPLICATION THAT YOUR APPLYING TO BOTH) IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING IN?

BAFF213

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 05:32:20 PM »
DOES APPLYING FOR JD/MBA (IE INDICATING ON THE APPLICATION THAT YOUR APPLYING TO BOTH) IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING IN?

good question

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 05:33:13 PM »

from what i hear, no.  you apply separately to each school.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

dgatl

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 05:33:54 PM »

no.  you could be rejected to one program or both.  plus, I don't know the value of an MBA unless you attend a top 5 MBA school

BAFF213

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 05:46:01 PM »

from what i hear, no.  you apply separately to each school.

no but a lot of the time they ask you on the application if you plan on applying for the mba program as well.  some schools also ask if you plan on specializing in a certain area.  i wonder if indicating a (particular) specialty could help, or just the fact the you indicate interest in a specialty at all could help??

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 06:02:21 PM »

no.  you could be rejected to one program or both.  plus, I don't know the value of an MBA unless you attend a top 5 MBA school

Agreed.

Almost everyone these days can get a MBA, but to get recruited by those blue chip wall street $$$ firms, your MBA better have names like Wharton or HBS on it.