Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: "Endorser" for grad plus  (Read 1279 times)

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
"Endorser" for grad plus
« on: July 07, 2006, 05:17:52 PM »
Though I've been repairing my credit, I don't think I'll meet the qualifications for the Grad PLUS loan.  I applied via Access Group for a private loan and grad plus and they said no on both, so I assume that's my answer (though my school makes you apply via them.)

Anyway - does anyone know if my partner is the "endorser" of grad plus, will it show up on her credit report?

On T.H.E's site, they have a FAQ and they say that it doesn't show om the endorser's report until and unless the account goes delinquent - then it would show. Otherwise, it's not there. But they said other lenders may have different policies.

Does anyone know what other lenders do? I can't seem to find it.

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
Re: "Endorser" for grad plus
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 11:19:12 PM »
I used THE for that reason...I didn't want it to show on my endorser's credit.  You might have to call and ask the other lenders. 

there are certain federal criteria they use for grad plus including no current 90+ delinquencies and no write offs, repos, Bks, tax liens in the previous 5 years. 
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 11:27:25 AM »
I'm waiting to hear what my school says. I had to submit an application to them and I dont know if I can use T.H.E or not. If I could, I'd go with them for sure...but my school isn't listed on T.H.E's website and they instead have you send the application directly to them.

M DOT

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 10:03:50 AM »
an "endorser" does not show up on your credit, only a co-signer that is if your loan doesn't go delinquent like maka said.

also check back with access group, although you may have been initially denied they do have someone go through your credit report in depth and may approve you after a second look. good luck