Law School Discussion

nt

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: GPA Calculation Topic 3125312341 - Grade Replacement Opportunity...
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 09:27:35 PM »
What if your previous grade isn't listed on the transcript, just an "R" for "replaced"?

If the grade isn't listed then they don't count it in your GPA.  Lucky!

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 06:25:33 AM »
That's correct! If the old grade itself is nowhere on the transcript, you lucked out!

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 07:57:58 PM »
Can you imagine if you'd converted a D or something to NC and then LSAC counted it as a Fail?

That actually happened to me.  Fortunately, I got wise to this before I actually graduated (literally weeks before graduation) and put in a rush order to change my "U" to a "W".  This involved a letter from my doctor and a lot of meetings with people in the Dean's office but I did get it changed.  If anyone else is in the same boat, it is DEFINITELY worth the hassle if it isn't too late.

Momo09

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 12:48:14 AM »
Can you imagine if you'd converted a D or something to NC and then LSAC counted it as a Fail?

That actually happened to me.  Fortunately, I got wise to this before I actually graduated (literally weeks before graduation) and put in a rush order to change my "U" to a "W".  This involved a letter from my doctor and a lot of meetings with people in the Dean's office but I did get it changed.  If anyone else is in the same boat, it is DEFINITELY worth the hassle if it isn't too late.

won't it be easier just to go back to your professors on your knees, crying and begging that they change your grade?