9 (10%)
 8 (8.9%)
 1 (1.1%)
 1 (1.1%)
 0 (0%)
8+
 2 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: Women - How many babies do you plan on having?  (Read 5187 times)

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Women - How many babies do you plan on having?
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2006, 12:09:49 PM »
From what I've read, crime rates are closely related to literacy levels. Therefore, adopting anyone who is likely to be brought up in an extremely disadvantaged background unless they are adopted will decrease the likelihood that person becomes a criminal. It has nothing to do with color.

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2006, 12:14:44 PM »
From what I've read, crime rates are closely related to literacy levels. Therefore, adopting anyone who is likely to be brought up in an extremely disadvantaged background unless they are adopted will decrease the likelihood that person becomes a criminal. It has nothing to do with color.

Actually it does - people of color disproportionately live in single parent homes, and the median household income of black families is substantially lower than that of white families.  Therefore, people of color are less likely to go to good schools or school at all, are more likely to be impoverished, and thus, more likely to become criminals.

They do not become criminals just because they are black, but the circumstances of black families, usually lend themselves to creating criminals moreso than the circumstances of white families.
HLS '09

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

maddlibs

• Sr. Citizen
  • Another round of Goose Halfie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2006, 01:54:51 PM »
I lived with a couple whom could not have children and went abroad (former Soviet controlled countries; Latvia, Romania, Lithuania) to adopt. They were not trying to be benevolent, but upon reaching the orphanage, they were moved by the "unwanted" children. These were children that had birth defects and were dropped off by parents who didnt want to deal with them. Noone would want to adopt these kids either.

They took three girls. One was missing both arms (actually she had a hand attached to her shoulder and something less on the other) another had all her fingers and toes fused together and another was simply a Gypsy that noone wanted.

Three years later they took three boys in worse shape. One had brittle bone disease (a nightmare to care for) another had bowel muscle problems and couldnt control them (again nightmare!) and the other..does it matter?

They are not rich...the father worked 3 jobs and the mother stayed at home. They took this financial burden (not to mention expensive surgeries)as well as horrific hardship to simply help these kids. Not to feel morally superior (they were planning on normal kids).

I cant imagine being so selfless, but I hope I could be someday.

headmistress

« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2006, 02:20:20 PM »
About two

revelareveritas

• Sr. Citizen
  • Something strange is afoot at the Circle K...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2006, 10:17:29 PM »
"It's not whether Iran likes carrots," he said. "Iran likes carrots. Iran demands carrots! If there is to be a solution in Iran, carrots must be part of the solution! We don't expect others to cook carrots for us then present them and then tell us, 'Eat them or else.' We can cook our own carrots!"

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2006, 10:24:19 PM »

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2007, 03:50:07 PM »
for the newbies  :)

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2007, 03:58:22 PM »
3-4, but only one girl.
Vandy 1L... really?

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2007, 04:02:57 PM »
3-4, but only one girl.

AND be a lady lawyer?

when will you have the time?