Read the statemnt first.

I would be mad my kid got cut
 8 (42.1%)
I would NOT be mad my kid got cut...
 4 (21.1%)
View
 7 (36.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Would you still favor AA in this scenario  (Read 3762 times)

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Would you still favor AA in this scenario
« on: July 04, 2006, 10:18:03 PM »
if you had a child with a white person, and your child was NOT elegible for AA, and someone with less credentials got accepted based on AA, would you think thats fair?

Im just curious, i dont even know how the rules work...
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: Would you still favor AA in this scenario
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 10:59:04 AM »
if you had a child with a white person, and your child was NOT elegible for AA, and someone with less credentials got accepted based on AA, would you think thats fair?

As a black person, my child would still qualify for AA if his/her father is white, so the question is moot.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 11:00:03 AM »

As a black person, my child would still qualify for AA if his/her father is white, so the question is moot.

grandchild then?

like i said, i dont have any idea how it works....

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 11:06:10 AM »

Ya think?

Reach

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 10:21:06 PM »
I think pretty much any parent is going to be upset that their kid is cut...to most of them, their kid is somehow better than others simply for being their child.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 10:23:09 PM »

grandchild then?

Well I consider my daughters minorities. And they are "only" 1/4 black.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 10:33:18 PM »

grandchild then?

thats kinda what got me to thinking about it.

if i had a baby with one of the babes i flirt with, and shes 100% black, id figure they would qualify.
but what if she was half?
or a quarter?
or i had two wives, one 100 %, one 50%, one kid got the advantages, one didnt, etc...

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 11:08:57 PM »

grandchild then?

thats kinda what got me to thinking about it.

if i had a baby with one of the babes i flirt with, and shes 100% black, id figure they would qualify.
but what if she was half?
or a quarter?
or i had two wives, one 100 %, one 50%, one kid got the advantages, one didnt, etc...

IMO, mixed people are URMs. There are fewer mixed lawyers than black lawyers or latino lawyers.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 10:43:19 AM »
It's all about 'self' identification.  If you identify with you're blackness and you're 1/8, by all means check it.  If you're 1/4 black but you've been white all your life and didn't even find out about that black grandma till you were applying to college, its pretty hypocritical and dishonest to check it.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 10:51:33 AM »
It's all about 'self' identification.  If you identify with you're blackness and you're 1/8, by all means check it.  If you're 1/4 black but you've been white all your life and didn't even find out about that black grandma till you were applying to college, its pretty hypocritical and dishonest to check it.

Hmm sort of agree but I wouldn't take it that far (bolded).  But yeah it is dishonest to check it 
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King